Vermillion Area Chamber of
Commerce & Development
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
The Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company office has relocated to the Market Street Professional Building at 116 Market Street in Suite 103. Please stop by and see us at our new location. Look for us under the water tower!
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
Public Service Announcement Recently revised labor law posters are available at no charge from the SD Department of Labor or from any DOL field office. To locate nearest DOL field office or to download the required postings at no charge online, visit www.sdjobs.org. Businesses should beware of companies soliciting unsuspecting individuals & attempting to sell compliance posters. They often use scare tactics about potential fines & penalties.
This Weeks Happenings!
• USD Chamber Singers under the direction of Dr. David Holdhusen will be performing for the Convention of the SD Chapter of the American Choral Directors Association, Friday, Jan. 22 at 7:30 p.m. Public is invited to this event at the First Lutheran Church, corner of 12th & Minnesota, Sioux Falls.
• High School Girl's Basketball vs. Lennox Friday, Jan. 22 at 4:45 p.m.
• One-Act Play Show Friday, Jan. 22 at Vermillion High School at 7:30 p.m.
• High School Bowling vs. O'Gorman Friday, Jan. 22 (TBA) (T).
• High School Wrestling: Winner Invitational Saturday, Jan. 23 at 9 a.m. (T)
• High School Girl's Basketball vs. Dakota Valley Saturday, Jan. 23 at 3:15 p.m. (T)
• High School Boy's Basketball vs. Dakota Valley Saturday, Jan. 23 at 5 p.m. (T)
• USD Track & Field Alumni Meet Saturday, Jan. 23 at the DakotaDome—all day.
• USD Women's Tennis Saturday, Jan. 23 at University of Seattle & Air Force Academy — all day (T).
• USD Men's Swimming/Diving Saturday, Jan. 23 at Morningside College, Sioux City, IA at 1 p.m.
• USD Women's Swimming/Diving at University of Kansas/Northern Iowa Saturday, Jan. 23 at Lawrence, KS at 3 p.m.
USD Women's Basketball vs. University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND Saturday, Jan. 23 at 5 p.m.
USD Men's Basketball vs. University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND Saturday, Jan. 23 at 7 p.m.
Fun & Games at the Vermillion Public Library will be held in the Community Room on Saturday, Jan. 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. Adults and youth ages 12 and up will play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
Next Weeks Happenings!
• Boy's and Girl's Free Throw Contest ages 10 to 14 years Sunday, Jan. 24 at 1 p.m. in the Vermillion High School Gym. Sponsored by the St. Agnes Council of the Knights of Columbus. First place winners will receive plaques for each age group. For more info, contact Ray Hofman at 624-6457.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. Gonzaga University, Sunday, Jan. 24 in Colorado Springs, CO at 9 a.m.
• St. Agnes Youth Group French Toast Breakfast Fundraiser Sunday, Jan. 24 from 9 to10:30 a.m. at St. Agnes Gym. Free will offering taken at the door. For more info, contact Ray Hofman at 624-6457.
• USD Quad State Honor Band Festival Monday, Jan. 25 at USD's Wayne S. Knutson Theatre (all day).
• USD Women's Basketball vs University of Sioux Falls Monday, Jan. 25 in the DakotaDome at 7 p.m.
• "Dying for God" is the topic of the USD International Forum Wednesday, Jan. 27 at USD School of Business. Panel discussion with the Rev. Steve Miller and Dr. Don Pryce regarding both current and past instances of such killings and likelihood of avoiding them in the future
• USD Women's Basketball vs. Houston Baptist Thursday, Jan. 28 in Houston, TX at 5:30 p.m.
USD Men's Basketball vs. Houston Baptist Thursday, Jan. 28 in Houston, TX at 7:35 p.m.
• Lecture: Arts Advocacy in Higher Education and in the Public Schools Friday, Jan. 29 at Farber Hall with Dr. Andrew Svedlow, dean of the College of Performing & Visual Arts from the University of Northern Colorado. Open to public at no charge at 7 p.m.
• Saturday Workshop: Restoring Double-hung Windows presented by the Clay County Historical Preservation Commission Jan. 30 at 10 a.m. and hosted by Roger Jeck at 320 West National St. Shane Fry will demonstrate how to properly dismantle a double-hung window, repair the sash, and reassemble the window with weatherstripping. He has restored all the windows in his own house and understands that traditionally constructed windows are worth the minimal maintenance they require. This is an important workshop – it speaks to the heart of the preservationist's mission.
• USD Track vs. University of Wisconsin-Madison Saturday, Jan. 30 –all day (T).
• USD Swimming and Diving Saturday, Jan. 30 at UNI in Grand Forks, ND at 1 p.m. (T).
• USD Women's Basketball vs. Texas-Pan American in Edinburg, TX Saturday, Jan. 30 at 2:15 p.m. (T).
• USD Men's Basketball vs. Texas-Pan American in Edinburg, TX Saturday, Jan. 30 at 4:30 p.m. (T).