Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
The VCDC will have a Vermillion Area Information Booth in the DakotaDome lobby during the 27th Annual Dakota Farm Show on Jan. 5, 6 and 7. If you have a brochure, menu, coupons, etc., that you would like available for the Farm Show exhibitors and visitors please drop them off at the VCDC office at 116 Market Street, Suite 103 or call Ann at 624-5571 by Dec. 30. This is a perfect opportunity to let visitors know about your business!
The Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company office has relocated to the Market Street Professional Building at 116 Market Street in Suite 103. Please stop by and see us at our new location. Look for us under the water tower!
This Weeks Happenings!
• High School Boy's & Girl's Basketball Snowball Classic at Winner, Saturday, Jan. 2 TBA.
• USD Women's Basketball at Colorado State University-Ft. Collins, CO, on Saturday, Jan. 2 at 3:05 p.m.
Next Weeks Happenings!
• USD Men's Basketball at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS Sunday, Jan. 3 at 12 noon.
• USD Women's Basketball at Iowa State University in Ames, IA Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 7 p.m.
• High School Girl's Basketball at Sioux City East Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 4:30 p.m.
• Seventh/Eighth Grade Boy's Basketball vs. Yankton Thursday, Jan. 7 at 4:15 p.m.
• High School Boy's/Girl's Basketball at Parkston Friday, Jan. 8 at 5 p.m.
• USD Men's Basketball vs. Cornell University Friday, Jan. 8 at 7:30 p.m. at DakotaDome.
• High School Gymnastics at West Central Friday, Jan. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
• JH Wrestling at Mitchell Saturday, Jan. 9 at 10 a.m.
• High School Wrestling at Brandon Valley Saturday, Jan. 9 at 10:30 a.m.
• High School Gymnastics at Stanley County Saturday, Jan. 9 at 12 p.m.
• USD Swimming/Diving at Washington College in Key Largo, FL, Saturday, Jan. 9 all day.
• USD Men's Basketball vs SIU-Edwardsville Saturday, Jan. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the DakotaDome.
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• Chamber Night with the Musketeers Friday and Saturday, Jan. 15 and 16. The Sioux City Musketeers will recognize all Siouxland area Chambers and their communities that are at the game on Jan. 15 and 16.
For more information or to purchase your tickets contact Rhonda Johnson at 712-251-1587.
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service Jan. 18, 2010. Registration has begun for the 2010 MLK Day of Service. Volunteers, groups, or individuals as well as site leaders to help facilitate the projects are needed. Pre-register at http://sites.google.com/site/mlkday2010/ to volunteer and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a site leader or have a project idea. For information, call 605-677-6338.
• Preservation Wednesdays – The Clay County Historic Preservation Commission and the Clay County Historical Society are presenting the second Annual Series of Historic Presentations. A presentation by Will Schweinle entitled "Vintage Tools" will be at 7 p.m. at the public library on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2010. The presentations are free and open to the public.
• Book Blab at the Vermillion Public Library will be held in the Community Room on Thursday, Jan. 21 from 6 to 8 p.m. Adult readers will share favorite authors and books and discover some new ones with other book lovers. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
• Fun & Games at the Vermillion Public Library will be held in the Community Room on Saturday, Jan. 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. Adults and youth ages 12 and up will play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together. Drinks & snacks will be provided.
• Clay County ACS Relay for Life , Sunday, Jan. 31 from noon to 6 p.m. at the Dakota Dome. Sponsored by the Clay County ACS and the USD Campus Against Cancer organization. For more information, contact Wess Pravecek at 624-5352.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do, please call us at 624-5571 or email us at email@example.com.
By Jeremy Hoeck firstname.lastname@example.org VERMILLION — It took about 25 minutes, but eventually order was restored and the USD men’s … Read Article