Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
VCDC Annual Banquet will be held Friday, Feb. 19 at the Eagles Club, Vermillion. Social from 5 to 6 p.m. with dinner and program to follow. Featured speaker is Cinda Baxter, founder of the 3/50 Project. Visit www.the350project.net for more information. Cost is $30/person. Contact Carly @ 624-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cracker Barrel Sessions will be held Sat., Feb. 20,10 a.m. to noon at the Vermillion Public Library and Saturday, March 6, 10 a.m. to noon at the Vermillion Fire Hall conference room. Sponsorers include VCDC, VFW Auxiliary, Delta Kappa Gamma, Clay County Democrats and Clay County Republicans.
Business After Hours at Raziels on Tuesday, March 9 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
VCDC Committees: Are you interested in becoming more active with the VCDC and in the Community? Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers. These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If you are interested in either of these committees or would like more information, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
This Weeks Happenings!
• High School Gymnastics State Meet at Aberdeen Friday, Feb. 19 and Saturday, Feb. 20 at 11 a.m.
• High School Bowling at West Central Friday, Feb. 19 (TBA) (T)
• Fun & Games at the Vermillion Public Library will be held in the Community Room on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 1 to 4 p.m. Adults and youth ages 12 and up will play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together. Challenging and interesting games and puzzles available. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. SW Minnesota State University, Saturday, Feb. 20 in Sioux City, IA at 2 p.m.
• St. Agnes School Classic on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 6 p.m. Appetizers, a prime rib/chicken dinner, silent auction, raffle, music and dancing. Gwen Mount, 2009-2010 Friend of St.Agnes will be honored. Tickets are $40 each and can be purchased after Mass or from the school office. Call 624-4144 if any questions.
Next Weeks Happenings!
• USD Women's Basketball vs. SIU-Edwardsville Sunday, Feb. 21 at 2 p.m. in the Dakota Dome.
• USD Student Music Recital: Scott Arens presents his senior piano recital, Sunday, Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall.
• Faculty Trombone Recital by Dr. Jonathan Alvis, director of Athletic Bands and professor of trombone at USD, Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall. Open to public at no charge.
• Spaghetti Benefit Dinner for Big Friend-Little Friend, Inc. of Clay and Union Counties Tuesday, Feb. 23 at the Eagles Club in Vermillion. Social 5 to 6 p.m.; meal 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets: $5; available in Vermillion at Hy-Vee, Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company, PrintSource, Eagles Club, Civic Council and in Elk Point at Pioneer Drug/Edgar's. All proceeds go to Big Friend-Little Friend, Inc.
• USD Concert Band presents a concert on Wednesday, Feb. 24 to public at no charge at 7 p.m. at the Muenster University Center Grand Ballroom.
• Up With People – "A Song for the World" performance on Wednesday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m. at Vermillion High School. Tickets available at Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company. $14 adults, $6 seniors/students, $5 USD students.
• USD Women's Basketball vs. New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ, Thursday, Feb. 25 at 4 p.m.
• USD Men's Basketball vs. New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ, Thursday, Feb. 25 at 6 p.m.
• Music Recital-An Evening of Chamber Music with USD's Townsley Trio, String Trio & String Quartet Thursday, Feb. 25 at 8 p.m. at Colton Recital Hall. Open to public at no charge.
• "A Chorus Line" – a heartfelt salute to the Broadway gypsy with music and lyrics by Marvin Hamlisch and Edward Kleban playing Feb. 26, 27, March 1, 2 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre, USD. Admission: $12 adults; $8 youth (K-12); $5 USD students with ID. Call 677-5400 for reservations.
• USD Track & Field-Great West Conference Saturday, Feb. 27 at the DakotaDome. All day.
• USD Women's Tennis – Northern Illinois University and University of Northern Iowa Saturday, Feb. 27 all day.
• USD Women's/Men's Basketball vs. Chicago State Saturday, Feb. 27 in Chicago, IL at 2 and 4:30 p.m.
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• Music Recital: Truran Guest Pianist Assaff Weisman who has performed in some of the major venues in Europe, the Middle East and the Americas will perform Sunday, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall.
• Spring Break for USD and Vermillion Public Schools, March 8-12.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at email@example.com.