Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
VCDC Annual Banquet will be held Friday, Feb. 19 at the Eagles Club, Vermillion. Social from 5 to 6 p.m. with dinner and program to follow. Featured speaker is Cinda Baxter, founder of the 3/50 Project. Visit www.the350project.net for more information. Cost is $30/person. Contact Carly @ 624-5571 or email@example.com
Cracker Barrel Sessions will be held on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Vermillion Public Library and on Saturday, March 6 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Vermillion Fire Hall Station conference room. Sponsorers include VCDC, VFW Auxiliary, Delta Kappa Gamma, Clay County Democrats & Clay County Republicans
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
Did you know VCDC members can receive a discount if they already use or start using Constant Contact to help you keep in touch with your customers through email marketing? Contact us at 624-5571 or go to: http://www.constantcontact.com/chambermembers/index.jsp?pn=vermchamber
VCDC Committees: Are you interested in becoming more active with the VCDC and in the community? Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers.These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If you are interested in either of these committees or would like more information, please contact Carly at email@example.com or at 624-5571.
This Week's Happenings
• High School Boy's/Girl's Basketball vs. Harrisburg Friday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m. (H)
• High School Bowling vs. Brandon Friday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m. (H)
• High School Gymnastics Region at Mitchell Friday, Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m. (T)
• Harrisonville Show Choir Invitational at Harrisonville, MO, Saturday, Feb. 13 (TBA) (T)
• Cedar River second Annual Valentine Round Dance Contest 2010 Saturday, Feb, 13, 1 p.m. registration, 5 p.m. meal at Vermillion National Guard Armory, 603 Princeton St. Call 605-638-6302 for more information. $4 cover charge. Proceeds will go in part for urban teen H.I.V. prevention & education.
• Heartland Humane Society Hosts Meet & Greet with Shelter Animals Saturday, Feb. 13 from 10 a.m. to noon at shelter office, 601 ? Burleigh St., Yankton. Animals will be available for adoption.Call 605-664-4244 for more information.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. University of Missouri-Kansas City in Kansas City, MO, Saturday,Feb. 13 at 3 p.m. (T)
Next Week's Happenings
• USD Women's Tennis vs. University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS, Sunday, Feb. 14 at 3 p.m. (T)
• USD Women's Basketball vs SDSU Monday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. (T)
• Seventh/Eighth Grade Boy's Basketball vs. Elk Point-Jefferson Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 4 p.m. (H)
• Film Festival at the Vermillion Public Library Wednesday, Feb. 17 in the Community Room at 6:30 p.m. featuring Tuskegee Airmen. Free and open to the public. Hot drinks/popcorn provided.
• Music Recital Wednesday, Feb. 17 at Colton Recital Hall at 7:30 p.m. with guest artist Elizabeth Grayson and USD Professor Rick Piersall.
• Preservation Wednesdays – The Clay County Historic Preservation Commission and the Clay County Historical Society are presenting the second Annual Series of Historic Presentations. A presentation by Tom Reasoner entitled "Additions to Historic Buildings, Threat or Menace?" will be Feb. 17 at 7 p.m. Meeting place has been changed to the Conference Room at the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company located at 116 Market Street.
• Seventh/Eighth Grade Boy's Basketball vs. Dakota Valley Thursday, Feb. 18 at 4 p.m. (T)
• USD Women's Basketball vs. Utah Valley Thursday, Feb. 18 at 6 p.m. at the DakotaDome (H).
• USD Men's Basketball vs. Utah Valley Thursday, Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. at the DakotaDome (H).
• Brown Bag Lunch at National Music Museum Friday, Feb.19 at 12:05 p.m. featuring P.D.Q. Bach's Lunch: A Quodlibet of Treats. The program includes an unusual combination of instruments combining elements from Western musical traditions, popular culture, and slapstick. Free and open to the public.
• Fun & Games at the Vermillion Public Library will be held in the Community Room on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 1 to 4 p.m. Adults and youth ages 12 and up will play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together. Challenging and interesting games and puzzles available. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. SW Minnesota State University Saturday, Feb. 20 in Sioux City, IA at 2 p.m. (T)
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars
• Spagetti Benefit Dinner for Big Friend-Little Friend, Inc. of Clay & Union County Tuesday, Feb. 23 at the Eagles Club in Vermillion. Social 5 to 6 p.m.; meal 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets: $5; available in Vermillion at Hy-Vee, Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company, PrintSource, Eagles Club, Civic Council and in Elk Point at Pioneer Drug/Edgar's. All proceeds go to Big Friend-Little Friend, Inc.
• A Chorus Line – a heartfelt salute to the Broadway gypsy with music and lyrics by Marvin Hamlisch and Edward Kleban playing Feb. 26, 27, March 1, 2 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre, USD. Admission: $12 adults; $8 youth (K-12); $5 USD students with ID. Call 677-5400 for reservations.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.