Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Ribbon Cutting at the W.H. Over Museum on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 2 p.m. for a new exhibit of pastel renderings of Spearfish Canyon by Yankton artist Janet Jenson.
VCDC Annual Banquet will be held Friday, Feb. 19 at the Eagles Club, Vermillion. Social from 5 to 6 p.m. with dinner and program to follow. Featured speaker is Cinda Baxter, founder of the 3/50 Project.Visit www.the350project.net for more information. Cost is $30/person. Contact Carly at 624-5571 or email@example.com.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
Did you know VCDC members can receive a discount if they already use or start using Constant Contact to help you keep in touch with your customers through email marketing? Contact us at 624-5571 or go to: http://www.constantcontact.com/chambermembers/index.jsp?pn=vermchamber
VCDC Committees: Are you interested in becoming more active with the VCDC and in the community? Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers.These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If you are interested in either of these committees or would like more information, please contact Carly at email@example.com or at 624-5571.
This Weeks Happenings!
• Hospital Auxiliary Meetings held first Friday of every month at Care Center Dining Room, 125 Walker Street at 2 p.m. The February meeting will be held Friday, Feb. 5.
• USD Men's Basketball at SIU-Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL, Friday, Feb. 5 at 7 p.m.
• High school boy's basketball vs. Madison Friday, Feb. 5 at 4:45 p.m.
• High School Wrestling at Crofton, NE Friday, Feb. 5 at 6:30 p.m.
• USD Track & Field – John Dalton Invite Saturday, Feb. 6 at the DakotaDom – all day.
• JH Wrestling at Bon Homme Saturday, Feb. 6 at 10 a.m.
• Gamelan workshop for Tatag (USD Gamelan Ensemble) with Joko Sutrisno, music director, Indonesian Performing Arts Association of Minnesota on Saturday, Feb. 6 at National Music Museum, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Open to the public.
• USD Women's Basketball vs. Seattle University, Saturday, Feb. 6 in Seattle, WA at 4 p.m.
• Sanford Vermillion Medical Center Community Health & Wellness Fair in collaboration with USD Health Professions program students on Sat., Feb. 6 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lee Medicine Building, corner of Dakota & Clark St. Screenings/vendor booths and information displays, and much, much more. Drawing to win a Wii Station and Wii Fit Program. Healthy Cooking Demo at 11 a.m. Win 10-piece cookware set.
Next Weeks Happenings!
• High School Girl's Basketball vs. West Central Monday, Feb. 8 at 5 p.m.
• USD Women's Basketball vs. University of Sioux Falls, Monday, Feb. 8 in DakotaDome at 7 p.m. (rescheduled from Jan. 25).
• JH Wrestling at Yankton Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 4 p.m.
• High School Boy's/Girl's Basketball at Dakota Valley Tuesday, Feb. 9 at 4 p.m.
• February Film Festival at Vermillion Public Library Wednesday, Feb. 10 in the Community Room at 6:30 p.m. featuring Akeelah and the Bee. Free and open to the public. Hot drinks/popcorn provided.
• Seventh/Eighth Grade Boy's Basketball at Yankton Thursday, Feb. 11 at 4:15 p.m.
• High School Wrestling at Sioux Falls Washington Thursday, Feb. 11 at 5:15 p.m.
• USD Women's Basketball vs. Chicago State Thursday, Feb. 11 in the DakotaDome at 6 p.m.
• USD Men's Basketball vs. Chicago State Thursday, Feb. 11 in DakotaDome at 8 p.m.
• Music Concert – USD's Symphonic Band and Percussion Ensembles join forces for a spring concert Thursday, Feb. 11 at Vermillion High School at 7:30 p.m. Open to the public at no charge.
• High School Boy's/Girl's Basketball vs. Harrisburg Friday, Feb. 12, 4 p.m.
• High School Gymnastics Region at Mitchell Friday, Feb. 12 at 6:30 p.m.
• Harrisonville Show Choir Invitational at Harrisonville, MO, Saturday, Feb. 13 (TBA).
• Cedar River second annual Valentine Round Dance Contest 2010 Saturday, Feb, 13, 1 p.m. registration, 5 p.m. meal at Vermillion National Guard Armory, 603 Princeton St. Call 605-638-6302 for more information. $4 cover charge. Proceeds will go in part for urban teen H.I.V. prevention & education.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. University of Missouri-Kansas City in Kansas City, MO, Saturday, Feb. 13 at 3 p.m.
Upcoming Events – Mark Your Calendars!
• Preservation Wednesdays – The Clay County Historic Preservation Commission and the Clay County Historical Society are presenting the second Annual Series of Historic Presentations. A presentation by Tom Reasoner entitled "Additions to Historic Buildings, Threat or Menace?" will be Feb. 17 at 7 p.m. Meeting place has been changed to the conference room at the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company located at 116 Market Street.
• A Chorus Line – a heartfelt salute to the Broadway gypsy with music and lyrics by Marvin Hamlisch and Edward Kleban playing Feb. 26, 27, March 1, 2 at 7:30 p.m. and Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. at the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre, USD. Admission: $12 adults; $8 youth (K-12); $5 USD students with ID. Call 677-5400 for reservations.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.