Organizations involved in shooting sports will soon have a new option for obtaining funds from the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks Department.
Beginning Feb. 1, new shooting sport mini-grants will be available for interested organizations. The grants are designed to provide funds to small, non-profit groups interested in providing shooting sport opportunities to youth.
Eligible applicants who are approved will be reimbursed for 75 percent of the total cost of their projects.
Information about the mini-grants:
• Grants may not exceed $2,500.
• Only available for nonprofit organizations.
• Organizations eligible every two years.
• Funds available for shooting sports related programs only.
• Grants cannot be used to purchase firearms.
• Total funds are limited to $40,000 in the first year of the program.
• Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements to be approved.
Interested applicants can get more information or request applications by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-773-4506.