Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Cracker Barrel Session will be held Saturday, March 6,10 a.m. to noon at the Vermillion Fire Hall Station conference room. Sponsors include VCDC, VFW Auxiliary, Delta Kappa Gamma, Clay County Democrats and Clay County Republicans.
Business After Hours at Raziels on Tuesday, March 9 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
VCDC Committees: Are you interested in becoming more active with the VCDC and in the community? Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers. These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If you are interested in either of these committees or would like more information, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
This Weeks Happenings!
• Hospital Auxiliary Meeting Friday, March 5 at the Care Center Dining Room, 125 Walker St., at 2 p.m.
• Middle School All-State Band Friday, March 5 and Saturday, March 6 in Pierre.
• High School Debate and IE Friday, March 5 and Saturday, March 6 in Watertown (TBA).
• USD Women's and Men's Basketball vs. Houston Baptist Saturday, March 6 at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in DakotaDome (H).
• High School Boy's Basketball District 8A Championship Saturday, March 6 at 7 p.m. (TBA)
• Music Recital: Junior percussion recital by Carl Collison Saturday, March 6 at 8 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall. Open to public at no charge.
• Heartland Humane Society (HHS) encourages the community to stop by the shelter office at 601 ? Burleigh St. in Yankton to see the new kitty playroom addition and its grateful tenants. For those that want to get involved, HHS is also accepting donations for new play furniture for the room. Donate in memory of your loved ones – people or pets – or as a gift to someone you love. Contact Tasha Anderson at 605-664-4244 or email email@example.com for more information.
• USD Women's/Men's Basketball vs New Jersey Institute of Technology Sunday, March 7 in the DakotaDome at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• USD Women's Tennis at Martin Methodist College, Orlando, FL, Monday, March 8; all day (T).
• Spring Break for USD and Vermillion Public Schools, March 8-12.
• USD Women's Tennis at Fairfield University and Bowling Green University in Orlando, FL, Tuesday, March 9, all day.
• Cancer Support Group meets Wednesday, March 10 at Al Neuharth Media Center, corner of Cherry & Dakota Streets (use north entrance) at 6:30 p.m.
• Great West Conference Men's & Women's Basketball Tournament Wednesday, March 10 – Saturday, March 13 in Orem, UT (T).
• USD Women's Tennis vs. Radford University in Orlando, FL Thursday, March 11 ; all day.
• USD Women's Tennis vs. Appalachian State University in Orlando, FL, Friday, March 12 at 8 a.m.
• Junior Northern Wheelchair Basketball Conference Tournament Saturday, March 13, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and March 14, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Vermillion High School. Ten teams will be competing.
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• Preservations Wednesdays sponsored by Clay County Historic Preservation Commission & Clay County Historical Society will feature Bill Ranney – Archaeology in Clay County – on Wednesday, March 17 at Vermillion Public Library at 7 p.m. Free and open to the public. For more information contact Jim Wilson, 624-4579.
• St. Patrick's Day Celebration sponsored by The Vermillion Area Arts Council to be held Wednesday, March 17 at the Washington Street Arts Center, 5 to 8 p.m. Live music from the Public Domain Tune Band, hearty Irish stew and barley soup, breads from Vermillion's finest baker, Larry Smith and a children's art activity table will be featured as well as door prizes and a display of Danny Grindle's organically whimsical prints. Tickets: $8 for VAAC adult member; $12 for non-member adults; $5 for children 11-18 and free for children ages 10 years and under. Tickets available in advance at Nook 'n Cranny.
• Historics & Flicks Series presents "The Journey of August King" by John Ehle, Thursday, March 18 from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Community Room of the Vermillion Public Library. A brief discussion facilitated by Jim Zuercher, adjunct faculty and writing specialist at Morningside College will follow. Free and open to public.
• National Music Museum Brown Bag Lunch Program Music for Sweet and Cross Flutes, featuring Susanne Skyrm (USD) and Judy Walker (Sioux City), playing music for harpsichord, fortepiano, flute, and recorder at noon on Friday, March 19 in the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall at National Music Museum
• Vermillion Middle School Spring Picture Day Thursday, March 25.
• Vermillion High School After-Prom Committee will host the ninth annual dinner and basket auction Thursday, March 25 at the Eagles with social hour from 6 to 7 p.m. Meal prepared by Bliss's Bar-B-Q will be served at 7 p.m. Community invited. The evening will end with an auction of donated items from area businesses and community members starting at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and may be purchased from: Nook 'n Cranny, Davis Pharmacy & Jones' Food Center. For more information or if you are interested in donating items, please contact Damian and Jeanne Donahoe @ 624-5173.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.