Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Candidate Forum for all those running for city council/mayor will be held on Tuesday, May 25 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Neuharth Center on USD's campus.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
VCDC Committees: Are you interested in becoming more active with the VCDC and in the community? Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers. These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual Fourth of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If you are interested in either of these committees or would like more information, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
This Weeks Happenings
• USD Theatre presents Fat Pig April 21-24 at 7:30 p.m. and April 25 at 2 p.m. at Wayne S. Knutson Theatre. Admission fee: $10 adults, $6 youth (K-12), $4 USD student. Call 677-5400 for reservations.
• The 11th Annual Vermillion All-Schools Art Show on April 22, 24 and 25 at Washington Street Arts Center, 202 Washington Street. The show offers a variety of visual art by students from Austin and Jolley Elementary Schools, St. Agnes Parish School, Vermillion Middle School, and Vermillion High School. Join us for a reception Thursday, April 22, from 4 to 6 p.m. The art can also be viewed Saturday and Sunday, April 24 and 25 from 2 to 5 p.m. Vermillion Area Arts Council is proud to sponsor this show, which is free and open to the public.
• High School Boy's/Girl's Track at Lennox Friday, April 23 at 4 p.m. (T).
• Junior Varsity Baseball Bon Homme at Tabor Friday, April 23 at 4 p.m. (T).
• Varsity Baseball Bon Homme at Tabor Friday, April 23 at 7 p.m. (T).
• USD Sophomore Trombone Recital by Jimmy Bloomquist and Benjamin Mauritz Friday, April 23 in Colton Recital Hall at 7:30 p.m. Open to the public at no charge.
• Operation: Military Kids, a collaborative effort to provide local community support for the children of SD National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. April marks the Month of the Military Child with a series of literacy activities at local public libraries. There will be stories, treats and patriotic crafts. The event will be held at Vermillion Public Library, Saturday, April 24 at 2 p.m. for all military families & friends of military families. Special guest reader will be Jenny Briest. For more information, contact Stacia McGourty, SD State Library, 605-773-6391, email@example.com or Joyce Moore, Vermillion Public Library, 677-7060.
• Junior Saxophone Recital with Alexis Washburn and Keith Nelson Saturday, April 24 in Colton Recital Hall at 3 p.m. Open to the public at no charge.
• Senior Violin Recital by Kelly King Saturday, April 24 in Colton Recital Hall at 7 p.m.
• Junior/Senior Grand March at Vermillion High School Saturday, April 24 at 7:45 p.m.; Prom Dance 8:30 to 11:30 p.m.
• Gayville Hall-The Little Chicago Syncopators from Sioux City appearing in Gayville. These seven fine musicians will be playing great New Orleans and Chicago style "jazz" of the 1920s-30s on Saturday, April 24 at 8 p.m. Call 605-267-2859 for reservations.
Next Weeks Happenings
• Graduate Organ Recital by Michael Rathke Sunday, April 25 at 2 p.m. at United Church of Christ.
• USD's Truran Piano Scholars present their recital to the public at no charge Sunday, April 25 at 5 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall.
• USD's Opera Theatre presents Puccini's comic opera "Gianni Schicchi" Sunday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m. in Farber Hall.
• Vermillion Schools will be in session on Monday, April 26, as a make-up day. It was previously scheduled to be an in-service day.
• Astronomy Day features lecturer Dr. Vuk Mandic from University of Minnesota Monday, April 26 at 7 p.m. in Farber Hall. His lecture on "Astronomy with Gravitational-Wave Detectors" is free and open to the public.
• Seventh/eighth grade track vs. Yankton Tuesday, April 27 at 4 p.m. (H).
• USD Brass Choir Concert Tuesday, April 27 at 7:30 p.m. in Wayne S. Knutson Theatre. Open to the public at no charge.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.