Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
A Business After Hours hosted by CorTrust Bank & Chaney CorInsurance will be held on Tuesday, June 15 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Annual 4th of July Celebration – Are you interested in participating in the Annual 4th of July Celebration? We are currently seeking food vendors and children's activities for the event! If interested, please contact Carly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark your calendars! The VCDC Annual Golf Social will be held on Tuesday, July 27 at The Bluffs. If you would like to register a team or be a hole sponsor, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 624-5571.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Carly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
Join one of our new committees! We currently have two new committees that we are searching for great volunteers. These committees are the Special Events Committee and the Legislative Affairs Committee. If you love event planning, the Special Events Committee is for you! This committee will work to plan and promote special events that the VCDC hosts such as the Annual 4th of July Celebration, the Annual Golf Social, and the Annual Banquet. Are you interested in the legislative issues that affect Clay County and local businesses? The Legislative Affairs Committee will work to stay up to date on such issues and keep the VCDC membership informed. If interested in either of these call 624-5571.
This Weeks Happenings:
• Hospital Auxiliary Meeting Friday, June 4 at 2 p.m. at the Care Center dining room at 125 Walker St.
• Fifth Annual Rhubarb Day sponsored by The Friends of the W.H. Over Museum, Saturday, June 5 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Recipe contest begins at 1 p.m. and tasting and judging ends at 2:15 p.m. in Sletwold Hall. Various activities will take place and prizes will be awarded (must be present to win). Everyone welcome to come and honor rhubarb and spring's long awaited arrival. Free admission; donations welcome. Come on over to the Over!
• Gayville Hall – "The Hay Country Jamboree" starring Dan Kilbride, Dalton Coffey, Brenda George and guests appearing in Gayville, Saturday, June 5 at 8 p.m. Call 605-267-2859 for reservations.
Next Weeks Happenings:
• Announcement: Heartland Humane Society has several cats and kittens available for adoption at the shelter at 601 1/2 Burleigh St., Yankton, (605) 664-4244. They are in need of donations of scoopable or clumping cat litter for the cats and kittens now in their care.
• American Legion Auxiliary-Wallace Unit #1 meets Tuesday, June 8 at 7 p.m. at Senior Citizen Center in Vermillion.
• Cancer Support Group meets Wednesday, June 9 at Al Neuharth Media Center, corner of Cherry & Dakota St. (use north entrance) at 6:30 p.m. Call Marcy at 624-8706 if you have questions.
• Splashy Summer Shows at Vermillion Public Library in the Community Room. June shows include:
• The Perfect Storm, Wednesday, June 9 at 6:30 p.m.; Overboard, Wednesday, June 16 at 6:30 p.m.; On Golden Pond, Wednesday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m.; The Abyss, Wednesday, June 30 at 6:30 p.m. Free and open to the public.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Thursday, June 10, 3 to 7 p.m. on corner of Cherry & High St.
• The Annual H-Worth Open will be hosted at The Bluffs on Saturday, June 12. This four person scramble is in memory of Matt Hollingsworth for the benefit of Clay County EMS Dept. The registration price will include 18 holes of golf, BBQ by Nick Merrigan, and prizes. Call 677-7058 or stop by The Bluffs to pre-register and for details.
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• Ice Cream Social sponsored by Clay County Historical Society, Thursday, June 17 on the Austin-Whittemore grounds. Live music by The McNeils from 5 to 7 p.m.
• 141st Annual Dalesburg Mid-Summer Festival celebrating Scandinavian and rural heritage will be held Friday, June 18 on the grounds of the Dalesburg Lutheran Church. Enjoy a smorgasbord supper, musical performances and more. Visitors welcome.
• Hub City Celebrates 85 Years the evening of Saturday, June 19 with a BBQ and music. Public welcome.
• Dept. of Labor to host a Small Business Workshop with the Dept. of Revenue and Regulation and Small Business Development Center at the Technical Education Center in the Community Room in Yankton Thursday, June 24 from 8 to 4 p.m. Business owners are encouraged to attend this one-day event provided at no charge to learn about available services and programs re SD's labor and employment laws, the workers' compensation and unemployment insurance systems, and employment services provided by DOL's local offices. Register and learn more by visiting www.sdjobs.org or by calling 605-677-6900.
• The Vermillion Community Theatre will present the great Rodgers & Hammerstein musical "Oklahoma" July 9-12 at Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. Tickets: $12 for adults; $6 for K-12 & will be available after June 28 at Nook n' Cranny and Davis Pharmacy. For additional information check the website at www.vermillioncommunitytheatre.org or call Sandy Dickenson at 624-6670.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at email@example.com.