Vermillion Area Chamber
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Annual 4th of July Celebration – Are you interested in participating in the Annual 4th of July Celebration? We are currently seeking food vendors and children's activities for the event! If interested, please contact Ann at email@example.com
A Business After Hours will be hosted by The Roadhouse at 911 East Cherry Street on Wednesday, July 14 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Mark your calendars! The VCDC Annual Golf Social will be held on Tuesday, July 27 at The Bluffs. If you would like to register a team, be a hole sponsor, or donate pin/door prizes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give Ann a call at 624-5571.
A Business After Hours hosted by CorTrust Bank & Chaney CorInsurance, 101 W. Main St., will be held Tuesday, Sept. 14 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
• Hospital Auxiliary Meeting Friday, July 2 at 2 p.m. at the Care Center dining room at 125 Walker St.
• Vermillion Area Farmers Market Saturday, July 3, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main and Market Streets) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs & Rods will be there).
• Fourth of July Celebration at Barstow Park, Sunday, July 4 from 6 p.m. to dark. Inflatables for kids, beverage garden, food vendors, various children activities, live music by the Outback, Hy-Vee's Fourth Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Hy-Vee, Equalizer, Coca-Cola and Sara Lee, and a huge fireworks display by Fireworks Unlimited, sponsored by the VCDC, City of Vermillion, Wal-Mart, CorTrust Bank and The Hungry Coyote. Everyone welcome!
• The Hunt for Red October is this week's film featured in the Splashy Summer Shows scheduled for Wednesday, July 7 at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Room, Vermillion Public Library. Free and open to the public.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Thursday, July 8, 3 to 7 p.m. on corner of Cherry & High St.
• The Vermillion Community Theatre will present the great Rodgers & Hammerstein musical "Oklahoma" July 9-12 at Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. Tickets: $12 for adults; $6 for K-12 & will be available after June 28 at Nook n' Cranny and Davis Pharmacy. For additional information check the website at www.vermillioncommunitytheatre.org or call Sandy Dickenson at 624-6670.
• Vermillion Area Farmers Market Saturday, July 10, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main and Market Streets) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs & Rods will be there).
• Gayville Hall – "The Hay Country Jamboree" starring John and Susan McNeill, Dan Kilbride, Dalton Coffey, and guests appearing in Gayville, Saturday, July 10 at 8 p.m. Call 605-267-2859 for reservations.
– Mark Your Calendars!
• Man's Favorite Sport is the upcoming feature film in the Splashy Summer Shows scheduled for Wednesday, July 14 at 6:30 p.m. in the Community Room of the Vermillion Public Library. Free and open to the public.
• Cancer Support Group meets Wednesday, July 14 at 6:30 p.m. at Al Neuharth Media Center, corner of Cherry & Dakota St. (use north entrance). Call Marcy at 624-8706 if you have questions.
• Sixth Annual Heritage Music Fest in Elk Point Saturday, July 17, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Elk Point/Jefferson School gym, 402 S. Douglas. Bring lawn chairs and enjoy live music – country, gospel & variety! Freewill donation to benefit Lewis & Clark Heritage Days held in August in Elk Point. Food available and dinner from 5 to 6 p.m. Call Elaine Peacock, 605-356-2069 www.elainepeacock.com or Linda McKay 605-356-2310 firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
• 5th Annual Sheri Ellis Memorial Golf Social Monday, July 19 hosted by Sanford Vermillion and Dakota Hospital Foundation in memory of Sheri, a dedicated and passionate registered nurse at Sanford Hospital Vermillion who lost her struggle with cancer in 2005. Sign your team up TODAY. Find more information and registration at www.sanfordvermillion.org/foundation or call Jill at 605.638.8465.
• Trinity Lutheran Ice Cream Social Tuesday, July 20, 5 to 7 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 816 E. Clark. Enjoy taverns, chips, homemake pies and cakes, and ice cream. Free will offering.
• Hy-Vee's Third Annual Scramble for SESDAC Monday, Aug. 16. Noon registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four person scramble. $50 per player includes dinner and golf. $15 cart rental, $5 mulligans. Dinner tickets available for $25 for non-golfers. Contact Ron Avery at 624-5574 or The Bluffs to register. This event has raised over $31,000 over the first two years for the SESDAC Foundation.
• Big Friend-Little Friend of Union County, Inc. Heritage Ride 2010 – Elk Point Saturday, Aug. 21. Register at Cody's Homestead parking lot. Bike ride starts at 9 a.m. Lunch will be served at Cody's. Bicycle helmets are required. Pre-registration waiver forms available at VCDC. Contact John Gille for additional information: 605-356-2571 or 605-421-5050 (cell); or email@example.com. Order tee shirts by Aug. 4. Bike ride only – $12; bike ride, lunch and tee shirt – $23; bike ride and lunch – $15; bike ride and tee shirt only –$16.
• Ribs, Rods & Rock'n Roll, the '6th Annual State BBQ Championship Cook-Off', is Friday, Sept. 10 and Saturday, Sept. 11. Enjoy two big days of world-class BBQ ribs, food vendors, classic cars, street dance, beverage garden, arts and craft booths, kids entertainment and a smokin' music-fest in Vermillion's Historic Downtown. For more information visit www.sdbbqchampionship.com/ or call 605-624-5571.
• 2010 Nikki's Fund 5K Run/Walk – Sept. 11 at 9 a.m. in Prentis Park. This event is in honor of Nikki Harris, and all of those that have been affected by suicide/depression. Nikki's Fund was started by Nikki's mother, Janine Harris, who lost her daughter to suicide. Since then she has been on a mission to promote Suicide Prevention Awareness to USD, the Vermillion community, and other surrounding communities. The goal of Nikki's Fund is to raise money for students that cannot afford medicine while battling depression and other health issues, and promoting suicide prevention. Contact Janine Harris at 677-5424 or Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org or go to allsportcentral.com to register.
• Girl Scouts on the Run 5K Walk and Run on Sept. 18, including a shorter children's run. This fund raiser event for Girl Scouts will start at 9 a.m. at Prentis Park at the south shelter. For more information, contact Mary Edelen, 624-4760.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Chamber Chat? If you do please call us at 624-5571 or email us at email@example.com.