Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Business After Hours hosted by Vermillion Farmers Market at the Clay County Fairgrounds on the corner of Cherry & High streets, Thursday, Aug. 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. Please join us for farm-fresh nibbles and refreshments.
Attention Chamber Members! If you serve the USD student community please join us for the Coyote Bash Monday, Aug. 30 from 12 noon to 2 p.m. at Downtown Vermillion, between Court & Market streets. The Coyote Bash is a partnership between the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and the University of South Dakota which introduces incoming freshmen to the product and service offerings of the community. Making the students aware of all we have to offer improves retention, maintains a strong customer base and keeps retail spending local. Don't miss this great opportunity to build loyalty and a relationship with your customers from day 1 by setting up a table to introduce and promote your business to the new students. For more information please call Ann at the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Co. or email@example.com
Business After Hours hosted by Chaney CorInsurance and CorTrust Bank, 101 W. Main St., will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 14 from 5 to 7 p.m.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 tp 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
This Weeks Happenings:
• Clay County Fair & Achievement Days Thursday, Aug. 12 – Saturday, Aug. 14 at Clay County Fair Grounds. 4-H Exhibits, Demolition Derby, ATV Races, Inflatables for children, and more! For more information go to www.claycountyfair.net
• Join in Jump Rope Friday, Aug. 13 at 4:30 p.m. at Clay County Fairgrounds, 515 High Street, Vermillion. Come help set a Clay County record for the most kids jump roping at one time! Check in begins at 4:30 p.m. Jumping begins at 4:45 p.m. All participants receive a FREE Sanford Vermillion jump rope. Participants encouraged to wear red.
• The Lewis & Clark Theatre Company presents "My Fair Lady" performing Aug. 13-15. Friday and Saturday shows at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday show at 2 p.m. at Dakota Theatre in downtown Yankton. Call Dakota Theatre box office at 605-665-4711 for more information.
• Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve Annual Festival Saturday, Aug. 14. Many new and exciting activities scheduled throughout the day including homemade pie judging contest, presentations, music and crafts for the entire family to enjoy and take part in. To participate in pie judging contest, bring pies to Adams Homestead by 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 14. Refreshments available for purchase throughout the day. The preserve is located off I-29, Exit 4, 1 mile west and ? mile south. Call 605-232-0873 for more information.
• Clay County 4-H 5K Run/Walk organized by Jolly J.J.'s 4-H Club Saturday, Aug. 14. Pre-registration from 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.; event begins at 9 a.m. at Clay County Fairgrounds, 515 High Street. Preregistration deadline: Monday, Aug. 2. Cost: $20 includes T-shirt; $25 late registration. All proceeds go to Vermillion Food Pantry. For every single food pantry item donated, participant's name will be entered into a drawing for prizes. No bikes, roller blades, or pets. Contact Pam Hanson, 624-4747 for more information.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main & Market St.) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs, Rods & Rock 'n Roll will be there).
• Fly-In Breakfast/Lions Club Pancake Breakfast Sunday, Aug. 15 at Harold Davidson Field, Vermillion. Enjoy Lions Club Pancake Breakfast (free will donation) from 8 a.m. to noon. Proceeds to benefit The Senior Citizens Center.
• Hy-Vee's Third Annual Scramble for SESDAC Monday, Aug. 16. Noon registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four-person scramble. $50 per player includes dinner and golf. $15 cart rental, $5 mulligans. Dinner tickets available for $25 for non-golfers. Contact Ron Avery at 624-5574 or The Bluffs to register. This event has raised over $31,000 over the first two years for the SESDAC Foundation.
• Pooch Plunge sponsored by Heartland Humane Society and the City of Yankton Parks & Recreation Dept. on Monday, Aug. 16 at Memorial Park Swimming Pool, 19th & Douglas St., 6 to 8 p.m. Join in a fun dog and owner swim event benefiting the animals of Heartland Humane Society. Dogs that are leashed, licensed, carrying proper id tags, vaccinated and healthy are invited to attend. Cost: $5 per dog.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Thursday, Aug. 19, 3 to 7 p.m. on corner of Cherry & High St.
• Tanager Booster Bash: Friday, Aug. 20, the Vermillion Athletic Booster Board will be hosting a hog roast to kick off the upcoming school year and the fall sports season. The event will start off with a volleyball scrimmage in the high school gym, a tennis scrimmage on the high school tennis courts and a soccer scrimmage on the soccer field at 4:30 p.m . Food will be served from 5:15 to 7 p.m. at the high school football field with a free will offering. The coaches will give previews for the upcoming seasons. The evening will be capped off with a football scrimmage and halftime performance from the dance team. This event is open to the public.
• Yankton Riverboat Days & Summer Arts Festival in Riverside Park Aug. 20-22. For more information, visit www.riverboatdays.com
• Vermillion Farmers Market Sat.urday, Aug. 21, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main & Market St.) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs, Rods & Rock 'n Roll will be there).
• Big Friend-Little Friend of Union County, Inc. Heritage Ride 2010 – Elk Point Saturday, Aug. 21. Register at Cody's Homestead parking lot starting at 7:30 a.m. Breakfast available from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Bike ride starts at 9 a.m. Lunch will be served at Cody's. Bicycle helmets are required. Pre-registration waiver forms available at VCDC. Pre-registration cut-off Aug. 6. Contact John Gille for additional information: 605-356-2571 or 605-421-5050 (cell); or email@example.com. Order tee shirts by Aug. 4. Bike ride only – $12; bike ride, lunch and tee shirt-$23; bike ride and lunch – $15; bike ride and tee shirt only – $16. Proceeds help youth mentoring in Clay and Union counties.
• Announcement: The Downtown Vermillion Action Team (DVAT) $100 Gas Card Raffle – $1 for a chance to win $100 gas card. Two $100 gas cards will be raffled; tickets can be purchased from DVAT members and at the following downtown businesses: Nook 'n Cranny, Pressing Matters, Heart and Soul Fitness, Scoops, Sharing the Dream, and Raziels. Proceeds will support community projects taking place in Downtown Vermillion. Drawing to be held by the big tent at the Ribs, Rods, & Rock'n Roll event on Saturday, Sept. 11 at 4:15 p.m. Need not be present to win. For more information, visit: downtownvermillion.com