Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Business After Hours hosted by Vermillion Farmers Market at the Clay County Fairgrounds on the corner of Cherry & High streets, Thursday, Aug. 19 from 5 to 7 p.m. Please join us for farm-fresh nibbles and refreshments.
Attention Chamber Members! If you serve the USD student community please join us for the Coyote Bash Monday, Aug. 30 from 12 noon to 2 p.m. at Downtown Vermillion, between Court & Market streets. The Coyote Bash is a partnership between the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and the University of South Dakota which introduces incoming freshmen to the product and service offerings of the community. Making the students aware of all we have to offer improves retention, maintains a strong customer base and keeps retail spending local. Don't miss this great opportunity to build loyalty and a relationship with your customers from day one by setting up a table to introduce and promote your business to the new students. For more information please call Ann at the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to show off your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
This Weeks Happenings:
• Vermillion Lion's Club Free-will Donation Breakfast Thursday through Sunday, Aug. 5-8, 7 a.m. to 12 noon at I-29 Rest Area, Exit 26. The annual Traveler/Biker Breakfast is a community fundraising project of Vermillion Lions Club to support W.H. Over Museum. Everyone is welcome!
• Hospital Auxiliary Meeting Friday, Aug. 6 at 2 p.m. at the Care Center dining room at 125 Walker St.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Saturday, Aug. 7, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main & Market St.) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs, Rods & Rock 'n Roll will be there).
• Gayville Hall – "The Hay Country Jamboree" with John & Susan McNeill, Dan Kilbride, Dalton Coffey, and Jami Lynn appearing in Gayville, Saturday, Aug. 7 at 8 p.m. Call 605-267-2859 for reservations.
Next Weeks Happenings:
• Cancer Support Group meets Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Al Neuharth Media Center, corner of Cherry & Dakota streets (use north entrance). Call Marcy at 624-8706 if you have questions.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Thursday, Aug. 12, 3 to 7 p.m. on corner of Cherry & High streets.
• Clay County Fair & Achievement Days Thursday, Aug. 12 through Saturday, Aug. 14 at Clay County Fair Grounds. 4-H Exhibits, Demolition Derby, ATV Races, Inflatables for children, and more! For more information go to www.claycountyfair.com.
• Clay County 4-H 5K Run/Walk organized by Jolly J.J.'s 4-H Club Saturday, Aug. 14. Pre-registration from 8:15 to 8:45 a.m.; event begins at 9 a.m. at Clay County Fairgrounds, 515 High Street. Preregistration deadline: Monday, Aug.2. Cost: $20 includes T-shirt; $25 late registration. All proceeds go to Vermillion Food Pantry. For every single food pantry item donated, participant's name will be entered into a drawing for prizes. No bikes, roller blades, or pets. Contact Pam Hanson, 624-4747 for more information.
• Vermillion Farmers Market Saturday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m. to noon in the public plaza (Main & Market streets) every Saturday through the end of September (except Sept. 11, when Ribs, Rods & Rock 'n Roll will be there).
Upcoming Events –
Mark Your Calendars!
• Fly-In Breakfast/Lions Club Pancake Breakfast Sunday, Aug. 15 at Harold Davidson Field, Vermillion. Enjoy Lions Club Pancake Breakfast (free will donation) from 8 a.m. to noon. Proceeds to benefit The Senior Citizens Center.
• Hy-Vee's third Annual Scramble for SESDAC Monday, Aug. 16. Noon registration, 1 p.m. shotgun start, four-person scramble. $50 per player includes dinner and golf. $15 cart rental, $5 mulligans. Dinner tickets available for $25 for non-golfers. Contact Ron Avery at 624-5574 or The Bluffs to register. This event has raised over $31,000 over the first two years for the SESDAC Foundation.
• Tanager Booster Bash: Friday, Aug. 20, the Vermillion Athletic Booster Board will be hosting a hog roast to kick off the upcoming school year and the fall sports season. The event will start off with a volleyball scrimmage in the high school gym, a tennis scrimmage on the high school tennis courts and a soccer scrimmage on the soccer field at 4:30 p.m. Food will be served from 5:15 to 7 p.m. at the high school football field with a free will offering. The coaches will give previews for the upcoming seasons. The evening will be capped off with a football scrimmage and halftime performance from the dance team. This event is open to the public.
• Yankton Riverboat Days & Summer Arts Festival in Riverside Park Aug. 20-22. For more information, visit www.riverboatdays.com/index.html
• Big Friend-Little Friend of Union County, Inc. Heritage Ride 2010 – Elk Point Saturday, Aug. 21. Register at Cody's Homestead parking lot starting at 7:30 a.m. Breakfast available from 7 to 9:30 a.m. Bike ride starts at 9 a.m. Lunch will be served at Cody's. Bicycle helmets are required. Pre-registration waiver forms available at VCDC. Pre-registration cut-off Aug. 6. Contact John Gille for additional information: 605-356-2571 or 605-421-5050 (cell); or firstname.lastname@example.org. Order t-shirts by Aug. 4. Bike ride only – $12; bike ride, lunch and t-shirt – $23; bike ride and lunch – $15; bike ride and t-shirt only –$16. Proceeds help youth mentoring in Clay and Union counties.
• Thursdays on the Plaza/Summer Concert Series 2010 in downtown Vermillion Thursday, Aug. 26 on the corner of Main & Market streets ("Ratingen Platz") from 5 to 8 p.m. Live music by Paradise Fears and Mike & Jay. Beverages will be on sale and you are encouraged to stop by your favorite restaurant to pick up a "Picnic Plate." Everyone is welcome! Sponsored by the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Co., First Dakota National Bank, CorTrust Bank, Bank of the West, First Bank & Trust, and Wells Fargo Bank.
• Muenster Center to host USD Move-In Day Welcome Party with a vendor fair in the Muenster Center Ballroom Saturday, Aug. 28, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Contact Jill Ward at email@example.com or 677-5398 to reserve a vendor table.
• Bull-A-Rama with bulls, bull fighters, clowns, bull riders and more at the Clay County Rodeo Grounds, Aug. 28 & 29.
By Travis Gulbrandson firstname.lastname@example.org Al Neuharth is remembered around the world as a legend in the field of journalism … Read Article