Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Christmas Tree for Historical Downtown Vermillion: The VCDC is looking for a large Christmas tree for the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and to be on display at Ratingen Platz, downtown Vermillion. If you have a tree you would like to donate, please contact Ann at 624-5571.
South Dakotans Talking, Wednesday, Nov. 16 at Valiant Vineyards from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Join your neighbors for a free meal and some serious discussion about our state finances. Learn state budget and fiscal policy basics, participate in a non-partisan budget discussion and begin a consensus-building discussion with your neighbors. Topics will include:
- The budget process
- Opportunities for citizens input to the budget process
- K-12 services and spending
- Medicaid services and spending
- Revenue adequacy (are there funds enough to provide basic services?)
- Additional topics and local concern
Conducted by South Dakota's Budget & Policy Project and SDSU Extension Service. Sponsored by the VCDC Legislative Affairs Committee and USD Department of Political Science. Please RSVP by Nov. 11 at 624-5571 or email email@example.com.
The third Annual Parade of Lights is Friday, Dec. 2 at 6:30 p.m. in Downtown Vermillion. At the end of the parade please join Santa and Mrs. Claus as they light the Community Christmas Tree at Ratingen Platz on the corner of Market & Main St. If you would like to submit an entry into the Parade of Lights, entry forms are available at www.vermillionchamber.com or at the VCDC office at 116 Market Street. There will be a plaque and a prize of $25 in Vermillion Bucks for the best entry! Please return the registration form by Monday, Nov. 28 to the VCDC office. Sponsored by the VCDC Special Events Committee.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
- Winter Warmth Coat Drive sponsored by Grace Baptist Church: Coats (all sizes, new & gently used), hats, gloves & scarves (new only) to distribute to those who have a need for winter clothing. Collection sites: Hy-Vee, Jones' Food Center, & Walmart. Collection ends Friday, Nov. 11 and distribution begins third week of November.
- Halloween Candy Buy-Back: Don't know what you're going to do with the ton of candy your kids will get on Halloween? Avoid the toothaches and give a treat to soldiers overseas through the Heartland Smiles Halloween Candy Buy-Back program. Through today (Nov. 4 ) you'll get $1 per pound of candy you bring into the office and Heartland Smiles will send it to our active troops through Operation Gratitude. Also, if the kids wear a Halloween costume into the office they will get a free certificate. Heartland Smiles Hours: Monday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information on Operation Gratitude's Candy Buy-Back visit: www.halloweencandybuyback.com.
- Wreath Decorating Contest sponsored by the Dakota Hospital Foundation. Purchase 24" live wreath and complete registration at any location after Nov. 14. Live wreaths can be purchased at: Hy-Vee Floral, Willson Florist or Morses's Market ($20-25 range). All entries must be returned by Monday, Nov. 28. Prizes will be awarded for: individual, business and best of show. All wreaths will be auctioned at the annual Tree of Lights Open House on Thursday, Dec. 1. For more details, visit: sanfordvermillion.org.