FRIDAY, November 11
- S.D. Vocal Arts Festival Concert hosted by the USD Dept. of Music at 4 p.m. in the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre located at the Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts on the USD campus.
- Veterans Day: No classes at USD or Vermillion Public Schools. VCDC office closed.
- Oral Interp at Sioux Falls Washington.
- HyVee Salutes Veterans with a Free Veteran's Day Breakfast during normal breakfast hours.
- Annual Meeting & Luncheon of Dalesburg Scandinavian Association at Dalesburg Lutheran Church. Call Connie at 605-763-5128 to make reservations.
- S.D. Vocal Arts Festival Concert hosted by the USD Department of Music at 4 p.m. in the Wayne S. Knutson Theatre located at the Warren M. Lee Center for the Fine Arts on the USD campus.
Saturday, November 12
- Overeaters Anonymous, 9 a.m., at Sanford Vermillion Hospital, 20 S. Plum — Administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the small conference room.
Monday, November 14
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main & Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), "Shakespeare's Henry the Fifth," course with USD English Dept., 3-5 p.m. at the W.H. Over Museum, Sletwold Hall. Limit 30. Call 605-367-5226 or visit https://www.olliuc.org for more information.
Tuesday, November 15
- Vermillion Rotary Club Meeting, Noon-1 p.m., in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Classes in Drawing, Painting & Printmaking for children K-6, 4:15-5:15 p.m. at Washington Street Arts Center. Emphasis on the fundamentals of art form composition and color. For more information, contact Nancy Losacker (firstname.lastname@example.org), 605-659-5632 or Beth Knedler (email@example.com), 605-670-7940.
Wednesday, November 16
- Veterans & Spouses Job Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., at S.D. National Guard Armory, 1204 W. 31st St., Yankton.
- South Dakotans Talking, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Valiant Vineyards, Vermillion. Join your neighbors for a free meal and some serious discussion about our state finances. Conducted by South Dakota's Budget & Policy Project and SDSU Extension Service. Sponsored by the VCDC Legislative Affairs Committee and USD Department of Political Science. Please RSVP by Nov. 11 to 624-5571 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preservation Wednesdays, 7 p.m. at the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Co., 116 Market St. featuring Will Schweinle, "Wood Planes and How to Treat Them." Sponsored by the Clay County Historical Preservation Commission and the Clay County Historical Society. Free and open to the public.
- The SOUND's Year End Spectacular: USD's Marching Band, The SOUND?of USD presents a fall spectacular at 7:30 p.m. in Slagle Hall Aalfs Auditorium. Ticket prices TBA. For more information, contact Dr. Alvis.
Thursday, November 17
- The Pillars of the Earth discussion from 7-9 p.m. in the Community Room of the Vermillion Public Library. Bergen Peterson, adjunct professor for USD Beacom School of Business, will be facilitating this discussion. Hot drinks and refreshments will be provided.
- "The Impact of an Early Research Experience on Community College Students and their Faculty Mentors," featuring Dr. Thomas Higgins, professor of chemistry, Physical Science Department, Harold Washington College, will present his lecture in Churchill-Haines Laboratories, Room 118, at 7 p.m. Free and open to the public.
- USD Chamber Orchestra Fall Concert, 8 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall in the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Free and open to the public.
- NOV. 18 — National Music Museum (NMM) Brown Bag Lunch Program, "A Musical Sojourn in Spain," 12:05 p.m. Location: Arne B. Larson Concert Hall at the NMM located on USD campus, corner of Clark & Yale St. Free and open to the public. November's Free Friday Sponsor is Bank of the West!
- NOV. 19 — Fun and Games will be in the Community Room of the Vermillion Public Library from 1-4 p.m. Adults and youth ages 12 and up will play board games and put jigsaw puzzles together. A wide variety of challenging and interesting games and puzzles will be available to provide mental stimulation. Learn or show others how to play Bunco, the newest game. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
- NOV. 19 — Overeaters Anonymous, 9 a.m. at Sanford Vermillion Hospital, 20 S. Plum – Administration entrance across from the Vermillion Clinic – take a right to the end of the hall - board room on the left.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.