FRIDAY, November 25
- Thanksgiving Holiday – No School at Vermillion Public Schools.
Saturday, November 26
- Overeaters Anonymous, 9 a.m. at Sanford Vermillion Hospital, 20 S. Plum – Administration entrance across from the Vermillion Clinic – take a right to the end of the hall - board room on the left.
Monday, November 28
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main & Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
Tuesday, November 29
- Vermillion Rotary Club Meeting, Noon-1 p.m., in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Classes in Drawing, Painting & Printmaking for children K-6, 4:15-5:15 p.m. at Washington Street Arts Center. Emphasis on the fundamentals of art form composition and color. For more information, contact Nancy Losacker (firstname.lastname@example.org), 605-659-5632 or Beth Knedler (email@example.com), 605-670-7940.
- Local food systems project meeting, co-op and dinner is 5:30 p.m. at 108 E. Main St., downtown Vermillion. A brief presentation will be given by a local farmer, Sam Heikes, who is starting a large CSA in Vermillion located right across from Builders Choice. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-624-1966.
- USD's Woodwind Choir and The Bea Arthur Memorial Clarinet Quartet presents a recital at 7:30 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall in the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Open to the public at no charge.
Wednesday, November 30
- USD Music Department faculty C.J. Kocher, saxophone and Darin Wadley, percussion, present music recital, at 7:30 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall in the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Open to the public at no charge.
Thursday, December 1
- "The Spa at Wynie Mae's" is having a Grand Opening Celebration from 4-8 p.m. at 120 West Main Street, Suite 102. The VCDC Ambassadors will welcome them with a ribbon cutting at 4 p.m. Stop in and learn about their spa and salon services, sign up to win gift certificates and product giveaways. Hors d'oeurves and refreshments will be served.
- Tree of Lights Open House and Wreath Auction sponsored by the Dakota Hospital Foundation from 5-8 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room in the Al Neuharth Media Center on the USD campus. Wine, refreshments and hors d'oeuvres will be served. Christmas wreaths will be auctioned. All proceeds will benefit diagnostic radiology equipment at Sanford Medical Center, Vermillion.
- USD Theatre Dept. presents "Avenue Q" at 7:30 p.m. at Knutson Theatre, USD Fine Arts Building. For ticket information, call 677-5418 or visit: www.usd.edu/theatre.
- DEC 2-4 — USD Theatre Dept. presents "Avenue Q" at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 2-3 and 2 p.m. Dec. 4 at Knutson Theatre, USD Fine Arts Building. For ticket information, call 677-5418 or visit: www.usd.edu/theatre.
- DEC. 2 — National Music Museum (NMM) Brown Bag Lunch Program: "Dizi, Xiao, Shinobue or Shakahachi?" at 12:05 p.m. in the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall at the NMM located on USD campus, corner of Clark & Yale St. Free and open to the public. December's Free Friday sponsor is CorTrust Bank.
- DEC. 2 — Hospital Auxiliary Meeting, 2 p.m. at Care Center Dining Room, 125 Walker Street.
- DEC. 2 — USD Symphony Orchestra presents their winter concert, 7:30 p.m. in the Slagle Hall Aalfs Auditorium. Open to the public at no charge.
- DEC. 2 — Third annual Parade of Lights, 6:30 p.m. in downtown Vermillion.
- DEC. 3 — Tour of Homes sponsored by Clay County Historical Society, from 3-7 p.m. Reception at the Austin Whittemore House, 15 Austin St. starting at 4 p.m. This year's theme: "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas."
- DEC. 3 — Overeaters Anonymous, 9 a.m. at Sanford Vermillion Hospital, 20 S. Plum – Administration entrance across from the Vermillion Clinic – take a right to the end of the hall - board room on the left.
- DEC. 3 — Candy Cane Market, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Armory in Vermillion. Many vendors to shop from! Crafts for kids! Bake Sale! Hosted by the Vermillion chapter of Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS).
- DEC. 3 — Second Annual Breakfast with Santa, 9 a.m.-noon at St. Agnes School Gym, 909 E. Lewis St. Admission $5. Enjoy a pancake and sausage breakfast, vendor tables, poinsettia sales, kids crafts and pictures with Santa.
- DEC. 3 — "Lunch with Santa," Christmas Coloring Contest! One winner in each age category will have lunch with Santa at Hy-Vee. Age categories: 4 and under; 5-6 year olds; 7-8 year olds; 9-12 year olds. Coloring page is available at Hy-Vee. Contest ends Nov. 28. Sponsored by the VCDC Special Events Committee.
- DEC. 3 — "Pictures with Santa," from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at Hy-Vee. Bring your children to Hy-Vee for a FREE picture with Santa by Peterman Photography. Sponsored by the VCDC Special Events Committee.
- DEC. 3 — The USD Dept. of Music shares their talents and the product of their work at this holiday concert at 3 p.m. in Slagle Hall Aalfs Auditorium. Goodwill donation at the door would be appreciated.
- DEC. 3 — "A Poker Alice Christmas" with the Poker Alice Band & Brenda George, 8 p.m. in Gayville Hall, 502 Washington St., Gayville. Call 605-267-2859 for ticket information.
- DEC. 4 — Annual Holiday Festival at the W.H. Over Museum. Santa, food, bake sale, vendors, from 1-4:30 p.m.
- DEC. 4 — Russ Garry presents his senior tuba recitaal at 1 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall at the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Open to the public at no charge.
- DEC. 4 — Kristin Edwards, soprano, presents her senior recital, 4 p.m. in Colton Recital Hall at the Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Open to the public at no charge.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.