Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
- The Annual Vermillion Area Chamber & Community Awards Banquet is Tuesday, March 20 at Pro's Bar & Grill at 912 North Dakota St. The social hour will begin at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner and the program. It is a time to thank all of the members, individuals, and volunteers who support and contribute to the success of the chamber and business community.
The banquet also gives us an opportunity to recognize the outstanding achievements of the community's leaders and organizations by presenting the Family Business of the Year Award, the Mayor's Community Service Award, the United Way Volunteer of the Year Award, the VCDC Community Leader Award, along with other awards. The guest speaker is Joe Glenn, the University of South Dakota's head football coach.
The banquet is open to the public and tickets are on sale now for $30 each at the Chamber office at 116 Market St., or you can call us at (605) 624-5571. Please RSVP by March 14.
Promote and advertise your business or organization at the Annual Vermillion Area Chamber & Community Awards Banquet by providing a table centerpiece. Reference your business or organization within the centerpiece and be creative! This year's banquet theme is "Team Building" which can be incorporated in your table centerpiece if you wish. For more information please call the Chamber at (605) 624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com by March 15.
- David Owen, president of the South Dakota Chamber of Commerce, will give a legislative session update at the Rotary Club meeting from noon to 1 p.m. at the Neuharth Media Center on Tuesday, March 27. Sponsored by the VCDC Legislative Affairs Committee.
- Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
This Week's Happenings:
- The Library Expansion and Renovation Project has started early due to the mild winter. The south entrance door to the Library has been closed. All patrons must enter through the Church Street (west) entrance. The contractor will begin with the expansion of the south area of the building. Please be aware of the equipment and use care in approaching the Library from the parking lot. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you to all our supporters for making this project happen.
Jane A. Larson Director Vermillion Public Library 18 Church Street Vermillion SD 57069 (605) 677-7060 (FAX) (605) 677-7160 http://vpl.sdln.net.
- USD Libraries are displaying a series of artistic exhibitions exploring skateboard designs, graphic novels and tapestries now through May 4: Corroborations 2012, which pairs visual arts students with poetry majors, is in the I.D. Weeks Library second floor exhibition cases; tapestry weavings by award-winning South Dakota tapestry artist Grete Bodogaard are in the USD Libraries Gallery in the Academic Commons; Getting Graphic by USD Education Librarian Abby Moore is an exhibit of graphic novels on the west side of the second floor of the University Libraries Gallery; SkateCreate is an exhibition of skateboard designs created by students in the first-year seminar class. It's featured in the student gallery on the west side of the second floor.
- Fundraiser for Vermillion Public Schools & USD Athletic Department: During 2012, The Roadhouse will be offering a Coyote Burger and a Tanager Burger with 50 cents of each burger sold going to either the USD Athletic Department or the Vermillion Public Schools.
- 40th Anniversary of March & Mayor for Meals Campaign: In March 1972, Congress passed and President Nixon signed into law a new provision of the Older Americans Act (OAA) that laid the groundwork for more than 5,000 Senior Nutrition Programs nationally. This program authorizes and supports vital nutrition services, both congregate & Meals on Wheels, to Americans age 60 and older. Watch for events/opportunities to contribute to the Senior Meals Program here in Vermillion throughout the month of March and during other times of the year. Checks should be made to: Dakota Senior Meals at 320 West Main St. For more information, please call Karen Gibbs at 624-6164.
- Clothing Drive for Rosebud Reservation, March 1-30. Donation guidelines: gently used clothing must be clean & in good working condition; no purses, high heels or dry clean-only clothing. Clothing needs to be bagged or boxed. Donations may be dropped off at Pressing Matters Printing, 102 E. Main St. during regular business hours. Monetary donations may be sent to: One Nation Walking Together, 45 – A Commerce St., Colorado Springs, CO 80907.
- Heartland Humane Society to offer adorable cats for adoption: Donate cat food or clumping litter (no clay litter) to HHS and adopt a cat at discounted $25 adoption fee March 12-16. Adoption application can be picked up at the shelter at 601 Burleigh St. or visit www.heartlandhumanesociety.net. For more information, call (605) 664-4244.