FSA Notes: 2012 DCP/ACRE Sign-Up

The Clay County FSA Office is taking appointments for Signup for the 2012 Direct and Counter-cyclical Payment (DCP) Program and for the Average Crop Revenue Election (ACRE) Program. Producers are required to sign the CCC-509 annually. Please contact the Clay County office at (605) 624-7060 Ext. #2 to schedule an appointment.

 Please remember to notify our office of changes in ownership, operator or any other change prior to your appointment.

 When you are in the office you will also need to update your eligibility forms for our programs. If you are in the ACRE program, please remember to send your 2011 Crop production to the office or bring it with you to your appointment. Annual production reporting is a requirement for any farm enrolled in ACRE.

CRP General Sign-up

USDA has announced the next general Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) signup. Sign up dates are March 12 through April 6. Land that is not currently enrolled in CRP or CRP contracts that expire on Sept. 30 may submit offers. Accepted contracts will begin on Oct. 1. Producers and/or Owners that are interested in CRP are encouraged to contact the Clay County office at (605) 624-7060 Ext. #2 to schedule an appointment.

Do You Need Additional Grain Storage?

Farm Service Agency (FSA) provides low-interest financing for producers who need additional storage or would like to renovate existing storage. The Farm Storage Facility Loan (FSFL) Program provides low-interest financing for producers of eligible commodities to build or upgrade farm storage and handling facilities.

 The program helps to ensure that producers have adequate capacity to store their harvested production until they sell it on the open market. These loans can be for new construction or expansion of existing facilities, including bins, bunker-type silage structures, hay sheds, permanent drying and grain handling equipment.

Applicants must show a need for additional storage. Producers may not accept delivery or begin site preparation prior to approval, but may sign purchase agreements or pay for the facilities prior to loan approval.

 The maximum principal amount of a loan through FSFL is $500,000. Participants are required to provide a down payment of 15 percent, with CCC providing a loan for the remaining 85 percent of the net cost. Loan terms of seven, 10 or 12 years are available depending on the amount of the loan. The current interest rate for March is 1.375 percent for a seven year loan. Participants are required to provide:

  •  A current financial statement and cash flow showing repayment ability.
  •  A $100 non-refundable application fee and have the ability to make the 15 percent down payment.
  •  Proof of crop insurance coverage on all crops of significance.
Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>