Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Congratulations to the 2012 Vermillion Area Chamber and Community Award recipients!
- Family Business of the Year: Brunick Service
- Mayor's Community Service Award: Roger Kozak
- United Way Volunteer of the Year: Dave and Nikki Stammer
- VCDC Community Leader Award: Jerad Higman
Business After Hours co-hosted by Davis Design and Bank of the West, 15 East Main St., is Wednesday, April 25, from 5:30-7 p.m. Please join us to make new contacts, socialize, and find out what Davis Design and Bank of the West have to offer! Appetizers and refreshments will be served.
The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, contact Ann at email@example.com or at 624-5571.
- Feb. 6-May 4: USD Libraries are displaying a series of artistic exhibitions exploring skateboard designs, graphic novels and tapestries. Corroborations 2012, which pairs visual arts students with poetry majors, is in the I.D. Weeks Library second floor exhibition cases. Tapestry weavings by award-winning South Dakota tapestry artist Grete Bodogaard are in the USD Libraries Gallery in the Academic Commons. Getting Graphic by USD Education Librarian Abby Moore is an exhibit of graphic novels on the west side of the second floor of the University Libraries Gallery. SkateCreate is an exhibition of skateboard designs created by students in the first-year seminar class. It's featured in the student gallery on the west side of the second floor.