Friday, April 6
- No School – Good Friday
- Hospital Auxiliary Meeting at Sanford Vermillion Board Room, 20 S. Plum, at 2 p.m. (Administrative entrance).
Saturday, April 7
- Overeaters Anonymous, 9 a.m., 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance – board room. Description: Overeaters Anonymous is a 12-step program for people with eating disorders and struggles. The group meets every Saturday.
- Volunteer income tax assistance sponsored by USD Law School from 10 .m.-4 p.m. at the Vermillion Public Library, 18 Church St. Call 677-7060 or visit vpl.sdln.net for complete listing of services.
monday, APRIL 9
- No School – Easter Monday
- Bicycle Riders: Presentation on Tour de Kota Bike Ride at 4:30 p.m. in the Vermillion Public Library Community Room, local riders will give a show-and-tell presentation to educate bicycle riders who wish to ride one or two days, or perhaps the entire week, of Tour de Kota (TDK), June 17-22. Contact Dean Spader at 624-6831 for more information.
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
Tuesday, april 10
- Vermillion Rotary Club Meeting, noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Attention Lady Golfers! There will be an organizational meeting 7 p.m. at The Bluffs. Wednesday Evening Ladies League (WELL) would like to invite new members and previous members from years past to join us. We are extending a special for new members as well as former members who haven't recently participated. A $5 membership in WELL will be extended to those who meet this criterion. Come and join us for a summer of fun and friendship. All skill levels welcome.
- American Legion Wallace Post and Auxiliary meeting at 7 p.m. at the Main Street Center, 320 W. Main St.
- Music Recital: Reginald Pittman, guest tenor, and Susanne Skyrm, piano, present a recital at 7:30 p.m. at Colton Recital Hall, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts on USD campus.
Wednesday, April 11
- IdeaFest: Gayle Lemmon, journalist and author of the book, "The Dressmaker of Khair Khana," 7 p.m., Muenster University Center Ballroom). For more information about IdeaFest, see http://www.usd.edu/academics/center-for-academic-engagement/undergraduate-research/ideafest.cfm.
THURSDAY, APRIL 12
- IdeaFest: Dr. Dana Miller of the University of Washington, "Suspended Animation in Nature and Medicine," noon, Muenster University Center Ballroom. For more information about IdeaFest, see http://www.usd.edu/academics/center-for-academic-engagement/undergraduate-research/ideafest.cfm.
- Cancer Support Group meeting at 2:30 p.m. in Sletwold Room at Trinity Lutheran Church, 816 E. Clark St. Call 624-8706 for additional information.
- Resume Writing and Job Search Assistance: What is the right resume for me? Bring a copy of your resume for Dan Hart from the South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation and Clarence Pederson from USD's Career Development Center to critique. Session runs from 6-8 p.m. There are still openings remaining at this time. Location: Vermillion Public Library – South Dakota Room. To registers, call 605-677-6900. There is no registration fee.
- APRIL 13 — National Music Museum (NMM) Brown Bag Lunch Program at 12:05 p.m. featuring "Wonderful, Sweet Music," on The Musical Saw with Janis Andol performing in the Arne B. Larson Concert Hall at the NMM located on USD campus, corner of Clark and Yale St. "Free Fridays" April sponsor is Sanford at Vermillion.
- APRIL 14 — Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: 20 S. Plum St, Administration entrance, board room.
- APRIL 17-22 — The Abu Bekr Shrine Circus will be at the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City. Tickets are $17 (reserved), $14 (reserved) and $10 (general admission). There are complimentary tickets for groups of 20 or more. You'll get 10 percent of your tickets at no charge in multiples of 10 after 20 or more are purchased. Group orders need to be purchased directly through Melissa Lanzourakis-Joens at (712) 224-6423. If you are buying individual tickets, please come to the Tyson Box Office, log-on to www.ticketmaster.com or call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000.
- APRIL 18-22 — USD Theatre Dept. presents "Sweeney Todd: The Demon of Fleet Street," at 7:30 p.m. April 18-21 and 2 p.m. April 22 at Knutson Theatre, Fine Arts Building on USD campus. For tickets, visit www.usd.edu/theatre or call 677-5481.
- APRIL 19 — "End-of-Life Ethics": 19thh Annual Hospice Foundation of America Living with Grief Video Education Program, 12:30-3:50 p.m. on USD campus, Lee Medical Bldg., Room #107. Program is free of charge. However, the Hospice Foundation of America is charging a $30 online processing fee for Continuing Education Credits. Local discussion for CE credit from 3:20-3:50 p.m. Brown bag lunches welcome. Pre-registration requested. Call Julie at (605) 638-8484. You may leave a message.
- APRIL 20 — Come celebrate the University's 150th Anniversary at 12:30 p.m. at USD Muenster University Center, 401 E. Cherry St. The USD Alumni Association invites you to join us for USD Day to hear the governor's official proclamation, enjoy birthday cake and sing "Happy Birthday" to Charlie Coyote, too!
- APRIL 21 — Vermillion Area Farmer's Market from 10 a.m.- 1 p.m. at the Clay County Extension Building, 515 High St.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.