Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
Memorial Day, Monday, May 28, the VCDC office will be closed.
The Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company (VCDC) Annual Golf Social is Tuesday, June 26! The 4-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 11:45 a.m., followed by team pictures. The open format shot gun start will begin at 1 p.m. The buffet dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by the golf awards and door prizes. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com to register your team, be a hole sponsor or donate a pin or door prize. Please register soon!
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
- Show your team spirit! The Vermillion Baseball Association is looking for local sponsors to help defray the cost of the game for young players and families. Your business will be top of mind on the field when you choose one of the following sponsorship levels: Web sponsor: $75 – Your business logo/link on Web site (vermillionbaseball.org); Team sponsor: $150 – Your business logo on team uniforms; Field sponsor: $225 – 2'x5' Your business logo on a double sided banner on Barstow Field; League sponsor: $300 – All of the above. Contact Bill Saunders at email@example.com for more information.
- Heartland Humane Society Offers Cats at Discounted Adoption Price: now through May 31. Adoption prices during the event: $20 for adult cats and $40 for kittens. All cats have been spayed or neutered if age appropriate, have received boosters and rabies vaccinations and are healthy. All adopters must complete an adoption application and be approved. Visit www.heartlandhumanesociety.net or call (605) 664-4244.
- In celebration of Small Business Week May 21-26, stop at Nook 'n Cranny for special offerings.
- Volunteers still needed for this cool event! 2012 South Dakota Kayak Challenge. Event covers more than 70 miles on the Missouri River, beginning in Yankton and ending in Sioux City. Participants can paddle kayaks or canoes as solo racers or in tandem teams. A complete set of rules, FAQs and route information is available at event Web site: http://sdkayakchallenge.org/ or contact Jarett Bies at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steven Dahlmeier at email@example.com . Volunteers are needed on the ground and on water for manning 4 checkpoints along the race (run binoculars, cell phones, check off participants, etc.), and acting as scouts and spotters in boats or on land during the race. To volunteer, go to website and complete form or contact Jarett or Steve at e-mails listed above.
- Classic Car Show: Nebraska Rod and Custom Association will be bringing their car show to Vermillion. There will be approximately 300 cars at the Dakota Dome Parking lot from noon until 2 p.m. before they continue on their travels. Cookout lunch (burger/hot dog, chips, potato salad, cookie, beverage) will be available for purchase. Make plans to come out and enjoy lunch and view the classic cars! Attention Vermillion Gas Stations/C-Stores: Drivers in the car show plan to gas up in Vermillion before leaving town and continuing on their route into Nebraska. Promote Vermillion and Chamber Businesses at Car Show on June 2: The VCDC will be representing our organization and community with a table display at the Nebraska Rod and Custom Car Show in the Dome parking lot. We will have visitor and tourism materials available for the public and are happy to include Chamber member business promo materials as well. If you would like to provide your business brochures/flyers/cards for display, call Maureen at the VCDC office at 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer Food Service for Youth: The Vermillion School Board recently adopted a plan to provide summer food service for area children at no charge. As a result of the Vermillion School District qualification for this program, lunch will be served during the summer in the Jolley Elementary School Gym. The program will be operated by LunchTime Solutions and will be fully supported by the Federal Government and S.D. Child and Adult Nutrition Services. Also, the Backpack program will use Friday's meal service to distribute the backpack to students who have requested them. Anyone age 18 years or younger will be welcome to join us for a free school lunch on weekdays throughout the summer. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. each of the scheduled days. The lunch will include a main entrée, vegetable, milk, and unlimited salad bar.