Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
- The Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company (VCDC) Annual Golf Social is Tuesday, June 26th! The 4-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 11:45 a.m., followed by team pictures. The open format shot gun start will begin at 1 p.m. The buffet dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by the golf awards and door prizes. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com to register your team, be a hole sponsor, or donate a pin or door prize. Please register soon!
- July 4 Celebration: In preparation for our annual July 4 Celebration we are seeking food vendors, merchandise vendors, arts and craft vendors, and children's activities. We are also seeking volunteers to help with the event. The celebration will be at Barstow Park from 6 p.m. to dark, followed by a spectacular fireworks display by Fireworks Unlimited. If you would like to participate or have any questions please contact Ann at the VCDC office 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
- Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: email@example.com or at 624-5571.
- Mentors needed: The Clay-Union Foundation is seeking mentors to match with youth in the two counties. In Vermillion, a 16-year-old girl would like to be matched. In Elk Point, two 14-year-old girls and a 13-year-old boy would like an adult mentor, and in Jefferson, a 12-year-old boy also wants a new friend. Please contact John Gille at (605) 421-5050, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to become a mentor.
- Clearly Clarinets: Tools of Human Expression, now through Aug. 31. Location: Arne B. Larson Concert Hall, National Music Museum located on USD campus, corner of Clark and Yale St.
- Summer Food Service for youth: The Vermillion School Board recently adopted a plan to provide summer food service for area children at no charge. As a result of the Vermillion School District qualification for this program, lunch will be served during the summer in the Jolley Elementary School Gym. The program will be operated by LunchTime Solutions and will be fully supported by the Federal Government and SD Child and Adult Nutrition Services. Also, the Backpack program will use Friday's meal service to distribute the backpack to students who have requested them. Anyone age 18 years or younger will be welcome to join us for a free school lunch on weekdays throughout the summer beginning June 4 and ending Aug. 3. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. each of the scheduled days. The lunch will include a main entrée, vegetable, milk and unlimited salad bar.