Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce & Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
The Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company (VCDC) Annual Golf Social is Tuesday, June 26. The 4-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 11:45 a.m., followed by team pictures. The open format shot gun start will begin at 1 p.m. The buffet dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by the golf awards and door prizes. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 or email email@example.com to register your team, be a hole sponsor, or donate a pin or door prize. Please register soon!
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event! These events generally run from 5 to 7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d'oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
- Classic Car Show: Nebraska Rod & Custom Association will be bringing their car show to Vermillion on Saturday, June 2. There will be approximately 300 cars at the Dakota Dome Parking lot from noon until 2 p.m. before they continue on their travels. Cookout lunch (burger/hot dog, chips, potato salad, cookie, beverage) will be available for purchase. Make plans to come out and enjoy lunch and view the classic cars!
- Attention Vermillion Gas Stations/C-Stores: Drivers in the car show plan to gas up in Vermillion before leaving town and continuing on their route into Nebraska.
Promote Vermillion and Chamber Businesses at Car Show on June 2: The VCDC will be representing our organization and community with a table display at the Nebraska Rod & Custom Car Show on Saturday, June 2 from noon to 2 p.m. in the Dome parking lot. We will have Visitor & Tourism materials available for the public and are happy to include Chamber member business promo materials as well. If you would like to provide your business brochures/flyers/cards for display, call Maureen at the VCDC office at 624-5571 or email email@example.com
- Summer Food Service for Youth: The Vermillion School Board recently adopted a plan to provide summer food service for area children at no charge. As a result of the Vermillion School District qualification for this program, lunch will be served during the summer in the Jolley Elementary School Gym. The program will be operated by LunchTime Solutions and will be fully supported by the Federal Government and SD Child & Adult Nutrition Services. Also, the Backpack program will use Friday's meal service to distribute the backpack to students who have requested them. Anyone age 18 years or younger will be welcome to join us for a free school lunch on weekdays throughout the summer beginning June 4 and ending August 3. Lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. each of the scheduled days. The lunch will include a main entrée, vegetable, milk, and unlimited salad bar.
- Westreville Festival Fun Run and Cemetery Walk, Saturday, June 9 at 9 a.m. at Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church, rural Vermillion. Event Website: Westrevillefestival.wordpress.com. Admission Fee: $10, includes T shirt. This non-competitive Fun Run has events for the whole family. Choose to run, bike, or walk a 2, 4, or 6 mile course of mostly county gravel roads past historic barns, beautiful rolling hills, and farm fields. Women of Pleasant Valley Church will serve coffee & pie at 10 a.m. The Cemetery Walk will go to Pleasant Valley Cemetery, about a 1 mile round trip walk, and to historic Mortvedt cemetery, about a 3 mile round trip walk. There will be farm-oriented kids' activities beginning at 10:15 a.m. This event will fund the Eckert Children scholarship fund to help an outstanding Irene-Wakonda senior and will also go toward a historical marker for the old town of Westreville. To be guaranteed a T-shirt, registration must be mailed with entry fee by May 25 to the Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church, Attn Grace Freeman, 45918 308th St., Vermillion SD 57069. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Phone number: 605-624-5369.
- The Golf Outing is Saturday, June 23! The 4-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 12 p.m. The open format shot gun start begins at 1 p.m. Please call The Bluffs Golf Course at 677-7058 to register your team. To be a hole sponsor, or donate a pin or door prize contact Darla at the school office at 624-4144 or e-mail email@example.com . Please register soon! Activities will be held for non-golfers at the school during the afternoon. From 6 to 8 p.m., public is invited to the BBQ Dinner in the school gym. The menu includes: Whole Hog, Pork Loin, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Soda & Water. Ticket prices are: $15 per adult, $5 for a child, $25 per couple, and $30 for a family pass. Music and dancing will be provided by "A Family Affair" from 6 p.m. to midnight.
- Taste & Tour benefiting Heartland Humane Society, Saturday, June 23, 6:30 to 10 p.m. in downtown Vermillion. This is an opportunity to bring participants to downtown Vermillion to showcase what the city has to offer while raising funds for the local animal shelter. Vermillion businesses can participate in the event in three ways: 1) become a Participating Business by working with event coordinators to organize a location, sample, & promotion of material for your stop – event coordinators can team up by businesses, 2) sponsor the event at the $100, $250, or $500 level. Each sponsor level includes tickets to event, 3) donate a raffle item valued at $100 or more. Businesses involved will receive marketing & media attention from the event. For more information, call 605-664-4244.