SATURDAY, JUNE 30
• Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main St.
• Overeater's Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
MONDAY, JULY 2
• Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
TUESDAY, JULY 3
• Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
THURSDAY, JULY 5
• Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 3-7 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
• JULY 6 — Hospital Auxiliary meeting at Sanford Vermillion Board Room, 20 S. Plum, Administrative entrance.
• JULY 7 — Vermillion Area Farmer's Market at 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main streets.
• JULY 7 — Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
• JULY 7 — Gayville Hall's "The Hay Country Jamboree" at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call 605-267-2859.
• JULY 11 — Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church is having an ice cream social from 5-7:30 p.m. Free-will donation. Location is 45918 308th Street in rural Vermillion.
• JULY 16 — Dakota Hospital Foundation 7th annual Sheri Ellis Golf Social. Registration and team photos 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Dinner/program/prizes at 6:30 p.m. Registration due Monday, July 2. Contact Jill Christopherson for more information, call (605) 638-8465 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JULY 16-AUG. 1 — Olympic/Educational Tour. A once-in-a-lifetime trip to Ireland, Great Britain and the Summer 2012 Olympics in London. For more information on this 17-day trip please contact Lenni Billberg at email@example.com or (605) 670-2717.
• JULY 20-23 — Vermillion Community Theatre presents the Broadway musical, "Annie" on Friday, July 20, Saturday, July 21, and Monday, July 23 at 7 p.m. There will be a matinee on Sunday, July 22 at 2:30 p.m. All performances will be at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. See vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
• JULY 21 — Eighth Annual Heritage Music Fest from 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. at Elk Point, 402 S. Douglas. Live music throughout the day. Roast beef dinner late afternoon. Bring lawn chairs. For more information, call Elaine Peacock, 605-356-2069/www.elainepeacock.com or Don Gray 605-356-2243.
• AUG. 25-26 — The Great Dakota Wine Fest at Valiant Vineyards, 1500 W. Main St. Cooking with wine demonstrations, live music and more. Visit www.greatdakotawinefest.com.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail email@example.com.