Saturday, JUly 14
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main St.
- Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
monday, JUly 16
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
- Dakota Hospital Foundation 7th annual Sheri Ellis Golf Social. Registration and team photos 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Dinner/program/prizes at 6:30 p.m. Registration due Monday, July 2. Contact Jill Christopherson for more information, call (605) 638-8465 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Music Recital: Bethany Amundson presents her graduate trumpet recital at 1 p.m. in the Colton Recital Hall, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts on USD campus. Open to the public at no charge.
- Olympic/Educational Tour. A once-in-a-lifetime trip to Ireland, Great Britain and the Summer 2012 Olympics in London. For more information on this 17-day trip please contact Lenni Billberg at email@example.com or (605) 670-2717.
Tuesday, JUly 17
- Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Vermillion is hosting its annual Ice Cream Social in the church fellowship hall. Serving will be from 5-7 p.m. The menu consists of taverns, chips, homemade pies and cakes, lemonade, coffee and free ice water. This year we will also be selling beautiful hand-made aprons. All are welcome!
Wednesday, July 18
- Dakota Classic Cruisers car club will bring their 21st annual car show, Tri State Drive-In Cruisers, to downtown Vermillion beginning at 5 p.m. This drive in cruise brings many Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota visitors to our community and provides an opportunity for Vermillion merchants to showcase their businesses and enjoy additional sales. Come on out to enjoy the classic cars and help us roll out the red carpet to welcome visitors to our community!
- Ice Cream and Pie Social, from 5-7 p.m. at Concordia Lutheran Church, 7 S. University St. Community is welcome.
thursday, JUly 19
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 3-7 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
- JULY 20-23 — Vermillion Community Theatre presents the Broadway musical, "Annie" on Friday, July 20, Saturday, July 21, and Monday, July 23 at 7 p.m. There will be a matinee on Sunday, July 22 at 2:30 p.m. All performances will be at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. See vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
- JULY 21 — Eighth Annual Heritage Music Fest from 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. at Elk Point, 402 S. Douglas. Live music throughout the day. Roast beef dinner late afternoon. Bring lawn chairs. For more information, call Elaine Peacock, 605-356-2069/www.elainepeacock.com or Don Gray 605-356-2243.
- JULY 21 — Gayville Hall presents "The Poker Alice Band with Brenda George," at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call (605) 267-2859.
- JULY 25 — Vermillion Community Blood Drive from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2:30-6 p.m. at Sanford Health Vermillion, 20 S. Plum St. All who donate receive special t-shirt and free lunch.
- AUG. 4 — Join Heartland Humane Society from 10 a.m.-noon in Yankton (place TBA) for our Meet 'n Greet. All of the dogs will be available for adoption during this time. For more information, visit HHS Web site: www.heartlandhumanesociety.net/event.html.
- AUG. 4 — Gayville Hall presents, "The Hay Country Jamboree," with special guest, singer and guitarist Boyd Bristow at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call 605-267-2859.
- AUG. 9-11 — Clay County Fair at Clay County Fairgrounds. Demo Derby, ATV Races, Kids Rodeo, Fair Princess, Chainsaw, 5K Run, Inflatables, and much more. Visit www.claycountyfair.net for more information.
- AUG. 25-26 — The Great Dakota Wine Fest at Valiant Vineyards, 1500 W. Main St. Cooking with wine demonstrations, live music and more. Visit www.greatdakotawinefest.com.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail email@example.com.