Saturday, July 28
- Vermillion Area Farmer's Market from 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main streets.
- Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
monday, JUly 30
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
Tuesday, JUly 31
- Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
thursday, aug. 2
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 3-7 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
- AUG. 3 — Hospital Auxiliary Meeting at 2 p.m. at Sanford Vermillion Board Room, 20 S. Plum (use Administrative entrance).
- AUG. 3 — USD and the S.D. American Choral Director's Association present the 39th annual South Dakota Honor Choir Concert at 7:30 p.m. at Aalfs Auditorium inside Slagle Hall on USD campus.
- AUG. 4 — Vermillion Area Farmer's Market from 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main streets.
- AUG. 4 — Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
- AUG. 4 — Join Heartland Humane Society from 10 a.m.-noon in Yankton (place TBA) for our Meet 'n Greet. All of the dogs will be available for adoption during this time. For more information, visit HHS Web site: www.heartlandhumanesociety.net/event.html.
- AUG. 4 — Gayville Hall presents, "The Hay Country Jamboree," with special guest, singer and guitarist Boyd Bristow at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call 605-267-2859.
- AUG. 8 — At Sanford health we celebrate the energy of the communities we serve. So we're serving up some fellowship and fun to show our appreciation. Sanford Vermillion invites you to join the community celebration from 5-6 p.m. at Vermillion High School. Join us for a picnic meal and DQ Dilly bars. Stop by to check out Ameri-heart, a gigantic heart display that people can walk through to better understand the anatomy of the heart and heart disease.
- AUG. 9 — The Main Street Center will be hosting its annual Ice Cream Social from 5:15-6:30 p.m. The menu includes sandwiches, chips, homemade desserts, ice cream, with tea, lemonade and coffee. This event is open to the public.
- AUG. 9 — "Thursdays on the Platz," in downtown Vermillion, corner of Market and Main streets from 6-8 p.m. sponsored by The Coffee Cup Fuel Stop. Live music outdoors on Ratingen Platz featuring "The Public Domain Tune Band." Food is available at every event, as well as water, pop, wine and beer. Food provided by Aramark. It's a great chance to sit outdoors with friends and family, listen to music and enjoy the great outdoors. Bring the family, have some food and enjoy some local entertainment.
- AUG. 9-11 — Clay County Fair at Clay County Fairgrounds. Demo Derby, ATV Races, Kids Rodeo, Fair Princess, Chainsaw, 5K Run, Inflatables, and much more. Visit www.claycountyfair.net for more information.
- AUG. 23 — The Department of Labor and Regulation will be holding a Job Search Assistance Program (JSAP) at 1024 W. Cherry St. from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The JSAP is designed to assist and train job seekers on how to find and secure employment. Some of the topics included are job search and retention skills, networking, the hidden job market, resumes, applications and proper interview techniques. It is provided at no charge and open to the public. Parties interested in attending should register by calling (605) 677-6900, by Tuesday, Aug. 21, before 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.sdjobs.org.
- AUG. 25-26 — The Great Dakota Wine Fest at Valiant Vineyards, 1500 W. Main St. Cooking with wine demonstrations, live music and more. Visit www.greatdakotawinefest.com.
- AUG. 26 — The annual Pancake Fly-In Breakfast sponsored by the Vermillion Lions Club and Main Street Center will be at the Vermillion Airport. Pancakes, sausages and beverages will be served from 8 a.m.-noon in the airport hangar. Proceeds to benefit the Main Street Center.
- SEPT. 26 — Resume Writing and Job Search Assistance from 6-8 p.m. at ID Weeks Library 205 on USD campus. Bring a copy of your resume. To enroll for this free class, visit: https://aceware.usd.edu/CourseStatus.awp?&course=RESUMEJOB3.
- OCT. 7 — "The Price Is Right" is coming to the Sioux City Orpheum Theatre at 7 p.m. Tickets can be bought at the Tyson Box Office, by calling ticketmaser at 800-745-3000 or by logging on to www.ticketmaster.com.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.