FRIDAY, JULY 6
- Hospital Auxiliary meeting at Sanford Vermillion Board Room, 20 S. Plum, Administrative entrance.
Saturday, JUly 7
- Vermillion Area Farmer's Market at 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main streets.
- Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
- Gayville Hall's "The Hay Country Jamboree" at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call 605-267-2859.
Sunday, July 8
- Benefit for Christopher Olson at Eagles Club, 114 W. Main. Spaghetti dinner at 4 p.m.; auction and entertainment at 5 p.m. All proceeds will assist the Olson family with medical expenses for baby Christopher. Donations also being accepted at Bank of the West – Christopher Olson Account.
monday, JUly 9
- Al-anon meeting, 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
Tuesday, JUly 10
- Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center.
Wednesday, July 11
- Pleasant Valley Lutheran Church is having an ice cream social from 5-7:30 p.m. Free-will donation. Location is 45918 308th Street in rural Vermillion.
thursday, JUly 12
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 3-7 p.m. at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
- Cancer support group meeting at 2:30 p.m. in the Sletwold Room at Trinity Lutheran Church, 816 E. Clark St. For additional information, call Marcy at 624-8706.
- Thursdays on the Platz, corner of Market and Main St. from 6-8 p.m. Live music outdoors on Ratingen Platz featuring "The Public Domain Tune Band." The event is sponsored by the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Co. and the USD Foundation. Food is available at every event, as well as water, pop, wine and beer. It's a great chance to sit outdoors with friends and family, listen to music and enjoy the great outdoors. Bring the family, have some food and enjoy some local entertainment.
- JULY 14 — Vermillion Area Farmers Market from 9 a.m.-noon, downtown Vermillion at the Platz, Market and Main St.
- JULY 14 — Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
- JULY 16 — Dakota Hospital Foundation 7th annual Sheri Ellis Golf Social. Registration and team photos 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Dinner/program/prizes at 6:30 p.m. Registration due Monday, July 2. Contact Jill Christopherson for more information, call (605) 638-8465 or e-mail email@example.com.
- JULY 16 — Music Recital: Bethany Amundson presents her graduate trumpet recital at 1 p.m. in the Colton Recital Hall, Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts on USD campus. Open to the public at no charge.
- JULY 16-AUG. 1 — Olympic/Educational Tour. A once-in-a-lifetime trip to Ireland, Great Britain and the Summer 2012 Olympics in London. For more information on this 17-day trip please contact Lenni Billberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 670-2717.
- JULY 17 — Trinity Lutheran Church in Vermillion is hosting its annual Ice Cream Social in the church fellowship hall. Serving will be from 5-7 p.m. The menu consists of taverns, chips, homemade pies and cakes, lemonade, coffee and free ice water. This year we will also be selling beautiful hand-made aprons. All are welcome!
- JULY 18 — Dakota Classic Cruisers car club will bring their 21st annual car show, Tri State Drive-In Cruisers, to downtown Vermillion beginning at 5 p.m. This drive in cruise brings many Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota visitors to our community and provides an opportunity for Vermillion merchants to showcase their businesses and enjoy additional sales. Come on out to enjoy the classic cars and help us roll out the red carpet to welcome visitors to our community!
- JULY 20-23 — Vermillion Community Theatre presents the Broadway musical, "Annie" on Friday, July 20, Saturday, July 21, and Monday, July 23 at 7 p.m. There will be a matinee on Sunday, July 22 at 2:30 p.m. All performances will be at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. See vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
- JULY 21 — Eighth Annual Heritage Music Fest from 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m. at Elk Point, 402 S. Douglas. Live music throughout the day. Roast beef dinner late afternoon. Bring lawn chairs. For more information, call Elaine Peacock, 605-356-2069/www.elainepeacock.com or Don Gray 605-356-2243.
- JULY 21 — Gayville Hall presents "The Poker Alice Band with Brenda George," at 8 p.m. in Gayville, 502 Washington St. For ticket information, call (605) 267-2859.
- JULY 25 — Vermillion Community Blood Drive from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2:30-6 p.m. at Sanford Health Vermillion, 20 S. Plum St. All who donate receive special t-shirt and free lunch.
- AUG. 25-26 — The Great Dakota Wine Fest at Valiant Vineyards, 1500 W. Main St. Cooking with wine demonstrations, live music and more. Visit www.greatdakotawinefest.com.
Does your business or organization have an event you would like included in the Community Calendar? If you do please call the Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce and Development Company at 605-624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com or contact the Plain Talk at 605-624-2695 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.