Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
The Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company (VCDC) Annual Golf Social is Monday, June 24th. The 4-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 11:45 a.m., followed by team pictures. The open format shot gun start will begin at 1 p.m. The buffet dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by the golf awards and door prizes. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 or e-mail email@example.com to register your team, be a hole sponsor, or donate a pin or door prize. Please register soon.
The Vermillion Area Community Foundation is accepting proposals for projects to improve our community. Forms for submitting proposals by groups or organizations are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. While funds available are limited we can fully fund small one time requests or partially fund larger projects. Your annual donations to our Foundation will provide us with increasing funds each year for worthwhile projects.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event. These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a weeknight and the hosting business provides hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 624-5571.
Douglas Roegiers from Burbank and Vermillion, SD to sing and compete on NBC TV’s new talent show, “The Winner Is…” Doug may be appearing along with others on June 10, the half-hour preview promotional session following NBC’s “The Voice.” Doug will be one of six competitors on Thursday, July 11, when NBC presents the first of 8 shows “The Winner Is” at 8 p.m. (C). Doug, the son of Chuck and Rosie Roegiers of Burbank, is a crooner living in North Hollywood, CA.
The National Music Museum will have extended hours from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays through the summer. We always have Free Friday admission with donations encouraged. Located on corner of Clark and Yale streets.
SATURDAY, JUNE 8
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market at Ratingen Platz, corner of Market and Main St., 9 a.m.-noon. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room. Overeaters Anonymous is a 12-step program for people with eating disorders and struggles.
- Gayville Hall’s musical variety show features “The Hay Country Jamboree” starring Dan Kilbride, Good People, Danny Santos with Wes Green at 8 p.m., Gayville, 502 Washington St. For reservations, call (605) 267-2859.
SUNDAY, JUNE 9
- Pancake Sunday at the Main Street Center, 320 W. Main St. from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Pancakes, sausages, coffee, orange drink prepared by the Senior Men of the Center. Open to the public. Suggested donation: $5.
- East River and Missouri Valley Bluegrass Music Association to feature “Monthly Open Jam,” (second Sunday of each month), from 1-6 p.m. at Washington St. Arts Center, 202 Washington St. All levels welcome-open to pickers and listeners. Event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (877) 621-4118.
MONDAY, JUNE 10
- Al-anon meeting at 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
TUESDAY, JUNE 11
- Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center. For more information, visit www.vermillionrotaryclub.org.
- American Legion Wallace Post and Auxiliary meeting at 7 p.m. at the Main Street Center, 320 W. Main St.
THURSDAY, JUNE 13
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market at the Clay County Fairgrounds from 3-7 p.m. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- An evening of Bluegrass Music with David Davis and the Warrior River Boys at 7 p.m. at the Washington Street Arts Center, 202 N. Washington St. in Vermillion. $10 for advance tickets or $12 at the door. Call for advance tickets at (877) 621-4118. Sponsored by The East River and Missouri Valley Bluegrass Music Association and the Vermillion Area Arts Council.
- JUNE 14-15 – Shakespeare Festival Arts Workshop for Youth, Friday, June 14 at 1 p.m. and Saturday, June 15 at 4:30 p.m. at Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Free arts programming for youth. Pre-registration required by e-mailing Company@sdshakespearefestival.org.
- JUNE 15 – Come to the Country for the Westreville Festival Fun Run to be held at the Pleasant Valley Church located at 45918 308th St., Vermillion. The event will kick off at 9 a.m. with a 5K or 10K run, bike or walk. Entry fee includes a t-shirt, pie and refreshments. Participants can also take the “Historic Cemetery Walk” to the Pleasant Valley and Mortvedt cemeteries. Free kids events will begin at 9:30 a.m. The Pleasant Valley ladies will again be providing coffee, pies and other sweets beginning at 9 a.m. in the church basement. Fund raiser for the Irene-Wakonda Scholarship Fund in honor of the Eckert Children and for the Westreville Historical Marker. Contact Grace Freeman at (605) 670-0540, email@example.com or visit westrevillefestival.wordpress.com.
- JUNE 15 – Vermillion Area Farmers Market at Ratingen Platz, corner of Market and Main St., from 9 a.m.-noon. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- JUNE 15 – Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
- JUNE 15 – H-Worth Open Memorial Golf Tournament at The Bluffs, 18-hole, four-person scramble starting at 1 p.m. BBQ will be hosted at Bunyan’s starting at 6 p.m. along with a firework display choreographed with music by Fireworks Unlimited at sundown. This will be our last (and best) H-Worth Open yet.
- JUNE 18 – The public is invited to the Vermillion Skate Park Dedication at Barstow Park at 1:30 p.m. Representatives from Wellmark, who provided donation, will be present at the event. Come on out to celebrate the dedication.
- JUNE 20 – Annual Clay County Historical Society Ice Cream Social at the Eagles. Serving begins at 5 p.m. Taverns, chips, homemade pies and cakes, ice cream, lemonade or coffee. Free will donation of $6 requested. John McNeil will be the featured entertainment and the Summer Theater will present a short program. Everyone is welcome.
- JUNE 21 – Dalesburg Midsummer Festival at Dalesburg Lutheran Church. The annual celebration of Scandinavian and rural heritage includes a Smorgasbord supper from 4:30-6:30 p.m., musical performances and more. Afternoon program begins at 2 p.m. with Bjarv (three guys from Sweden on keyed-harp, fiddle and guitar), Viking Invasion from 3-7 p.m. and “Fiddler Nelson” at 5 p.m. Evening program begins at 7 p.m. with Sioux Valley Singers and Bjarv and raising of the Midsommar Pole. Visitors welcome—bring lawn chairs. For more information or to purchase smorgasbord tickets (605) 253-2575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 19-22 – Vermillion Community Theatre presents the original musical “Robin Hood, Spirit of the Greene” at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. Friday, Saturday and Monday performances at 7 p.m. with a Sunday matinee at 2:30 p.m. Visit vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
- AUG. 24-25 – Join us for the 2013 Bullarama at Clay County Park Rodeo Arena unless otherwise noted. For more information, visit www.Bullarama.org. Call Linda Hawley at 202-0194 with questions.