Vermillion Area Chamber of Commerce
& Development Company
116 Market Street, Suite 103
Vermillion, SD 57069
The Vermillion Area Chamber and Development Company (VCDC) Annual Golf Social is Monday, June 24. The Four-Person Best Ball Scramble Golf Tournament will begin with team sign-in at The Bluffs Golf Course at 11:45 a.m., followed by team pictures. The open format shot gun start will begin at 1 p.m. The buffet dinner will be served at 6 p.m. followed by the golf awards and door prizes. Please call the VCDC office at 624-5571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register your team, be a hole sponsor, or donate a pin or door prize. Please register soon.
Business After Hours: Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your business and network with your peers? Sign up to host a Business After Hours event. These events generally run from 5-7 p.m. on a week night and the hosting business provides hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. If interested, please contact Ann at email@example.com or at 624-5571.
Douglas Roegiers from Burbank and Vermillion to sing and compete on NBC TV’s new talent show, “The Winner Is…” Doug will be one of six competitors on Thursday, July 11, when NBC presents the first of 8 shows “The Winner Is” at 8 p.m. (C). Doug, the son of Chuck and Rosie Roegiers of Burbank, is a crooner living in North Hollywood, CA.
Summer Food Service Program through Friday, Aug. 2 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Closed July 4, 5. Location: Jolley Elementary, 224 S. University. Free lunch service for area children 18 years and under. For additional information, call 677-7000.
Special exhibition, “The Shapes of Sound: Hearing with Your Eyes,” through Sept. 3 at the National Music Museum, Arne B. Larson Concert Hall located on USD campus
USD Career and Graduate School Fair, Thursday, Oct. 24, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. in the Muenster University Center. To register, visit www.usd.edu/advising/career-and-graduate-school-fair.cfm. Sponsored by the Academic and Career Planning Center. For additional information, contact Heather Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (605) 677-5381.
FRIDAY, JUNE 14
- Shakespeare Festival Arts Workshop for Youth today at 1 p.m. and Saturday, June 15 at 4:30 p.m. at Warren M. Lee Center for Fine Arts. Free arts programming for youth. Pre-registration required by e-mailing Company@sdshakespearefestival.org.
- Retirement celebration for Dave Christopherson from 2-3:30 p.m. at City Hall in the large conference room. Dave has been employed as the City Recycling Director for 19 years. Refreshments will be served.
SATURDAY, JUNE 15
- Come to the Country for the Westreville Festival Fun Run to be held at the Pleasant Valley Church located at 45918 308th St., Vermillion. The event will kick off at 9 a.m. with a 5K or 10K run, bike or walk. Entry fee includes a T-shirt, pie and refreshments. Participants can also take the “Historic Cemetery Walk” to the Pleasant Valley and Mortvedt cemeteries. Free kids events will begin at 9:30 a.m. The Pleasant Valley ladies will again be providing coffee, pies, and other sweets beginning at 9 a.m. in the church basement. Fund raiser for the Irene-Wakonda Scholarship Fund in honor of the Eckert Children and for the Westreville Historical Marker. Contact Grace Freeman at (605) 670-0540, email@example.com or visit westrevillefestival.wordpress.com.
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market at Ratingen Platz, corner of Market and Main St., 9 a.m.-noon. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room. Description: Overeaters Anonymous is a 12-step program for people with eating disorders and struggles.
- H-Worth Open Memorial Golf Tournament, at The Bluffs, 18-hole, four person scramble starting at 1 p.m. BBQ will be hosted at Bunyan’s starting at 6 p.m. along with a firework display choreographed with music by Fireworks Unlimited at sundown. This will be our last (and best) H-Worth Open.
- Gayville Hall’s musical variety show features “Jazz Jam III” starring The Public Domain Tune Band and musicians Terry Brooks and guests at 8 p.m., Gayville, 502 Washington St. For reservations, call (605) 267-2859.
MONDAY, JUNE 17
- Al-anon meeting at 7:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Linden. For more information, call 624-9764.
TUESDAY, JUNE 18
- Vermillion Rotary Club meeting from noon-1 p.m. in the Freedom Forum Conference Room of the Al Neuharth Media Center. For more information, visit www.vermillionrotaryclub.org.
- The public is invited to the Vermillion Skate Park Dedication at Barstow Park at 1:30 p.m. Representatives from Wellmark, who provided donation, will be present at the event. Come on out to celebrate the dedication.
THURSDAY, JUNE 20
- Cancer Support Group meeting at 2:30 p.m., Sletwold Room at Trinity Lutheran Church, 816 E. Clark St. For more information, call Marcy at 624-8706.
- Vermillion Area Farmers Market at the Clay County Fairgrounds from 3-7 p.m. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- Annual Clay County Historical Society Ice Cream Social at the Eagles. Serving begins at 5 p.m. Taverns, chips, homemade pies and cakes, ice cream, lemonade or coffee. Free will donation of $6 requested. John McNeil will be the featured entertainment and the Summer Theater will present a short program. Everyone is welcome.
- Vermillion Lions Club meeting at 6 p.m. at Sletwold Hall, W.H. Over Museum.
- JUNE 21 – Dalesburg Midsummer Festival at Dalesburg Lutheran Church. The annual celebration of Scandinavian and rural heritage includes a Smorgasbord supper from 4:30-6:30 p.m., musical performances and more. Afternoon program begins at 2 p.m. with Bjarv (three guys from Sweden on keyed-harp, fiddle and guitar), Viking Invasion from 3-7 p.m. and “Fiddler Nelson” at 5 p.m. Evening program begins at 7 p.m. with Sioux Valley Singers and Bjarv and raising of the Midsommar Pole. Visitors welcome, bring lawn chairs. For more information or to purchase smorgasbord tickets: (605) 253-2575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JUNE 22 – Vermillion Area Farmers Market at Ratingen Platz, corner of Market and Main St., 9 a.m.-noon. For more information call (605) 659-3399 or e-mail VAFarmersMarket@gmail.com.
- JUNE 22 – Overeaters Anonymous at 9 a.m. Location: Sanford Vermillion Medical Center, 20 S. Plum St., administration entrance just south of the hospital entrance in the board room.
- JUNE 22 – St. Agnes School’s Annual Golf Outing will be held at The Bluffs Golf Course. The 4-person Best Ball Scramble will begin with team sign-in at 11:45 a.m. and the open format shot gun start at 1 p.m. Dinner will be served following golf at The Roadhouse at 6 p.m., golf awards and prizes will follow. Contact The Bluffs to register your team, 677-7058. Thanks for your support. We look forward to seeing you there.
- JUNE 29 – Yankton’s Dogs ‘R’ Us 4-H group host their first Pet Palooza at the 4H Fairgrounds from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. The event replaces Heartland Humane Society’s Animal Fair traditionally held in May. The event will include a registration booth to join the 4-H Club, a Meet ‘n’ Greet booth with available pets from Heartland Humane Society, fingerprinting for youth, a petting zoo, agility courses, guest appearances by the Yankton Police K-9 unit and a pet contest at 11:30 a.m. 4-H animals on site will include dogs, kittens, lambs, piglets, donkeys, and more. Lunch for a nominal fee will provided by Yankton County 4-H. All vaccinated pets are welcome on leash. The event is free to public.
- JULY 9 – Vermillion Community Blood Drive sponsored by Sanford Vermillion at 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Free all American T-shirt and lunch to all who donate. Must be at least 17 years old. Call Sanford Vermillion for additional information, 624-2611. Walk-ins welcome.
- JULY 19-22 – Vermillion Community Theatre presents the original musical “Robin Hood, Spirit of the Greene” at the Vermillion High School Performing Arts Center. Friday, Saturday, and Monday performances at 7 p.m. with a Sunday matinee at 2:30 p.m. Visit vermillioncommunitytheatre.org for additional information.
- AUG. 12 – Sixth annual Hy-Vee Scramble for SESDAC at The Bluff’s Golf Course. Sign-in and team photos from noon-12:45pm and shotgun start at 1 p.m. Prime Rib Dinner and program to follow. Tickets are available for dinner for non-golfers. For registration and information please contact The Bluffs Golf Course at (605) 677-7058. Get your team signed up early as this one fills up fast.
- AUG. 24-25 – Join us for the 2013 Bullarama at Clay County Park Rodeo Arena unless otherwise noted. For more information, visit www.Bullarama.org. Call Linda Hawley at 202-0194 with questions.