The South Dakota Department of Transportation advises motorists that asphalt surface treatments and placement of permanent pavement markings are scheduled to begin on highways in Charles Mix, Clay and Yankton counties this week.
Work will be done at the following locations:
- Highway 50 from the intersection of Highway 46 to five miles south.
- Highway 46 from the intersection of 434th Avenue to the intersection of Highway 81.
- Highway 153 from the intersection of Highway 52 to the intersection of Highway 50.
- Highway 52 from the intersection of Summit Street to the intersection of 439th Avenue.
- Highway 19 from the intersection of Highway 50 to the intersection of Highway 46.
Traffic will be reduced to one lane and guided through the projects by flaggers and a pilot car. Motorists can expect short delays. Traffic will be maintained to businesses and residences while work is ongoing.
The project is scheduled to be completed by July 12 and the prime contractor is The Road Guys of Yankton.
For more information, contact Ronald Peterson, Rodney Gall or Greg Putnam with the Department of Transportation at (605) 668-2929.
For complete road construction information, visit www.safetravelusa.com or dial 511.