Smoke detector credited with saving Vermillion man

By Travis Gulbrandson travis.gulbrandson@plaintalk.net Officials are crediting hardwired smoke detectors with saving the life of a Vermillion man when a fire consumed most of his trailer Oct. 31. The elderly man awoke shortly before 8 a.m. that day when the hardwired smoke detector in his bedroom went off. “That’s a … Read Article

For the Record

Cases Disposed 10/25-31/2013 Steven D. Gross, 415 Main Street, Jefferson, SD; Open alcoholic beverage container accessible in vehicle, $54.00 plus costs Cole Amund Johnson, 25 W. Broadway Street, Vermillion; Seat belt violation, $25.00 Kolby K. LaCroix, 1211 W. 17th St., Yankton; Speed on four-lane in rural areas, $59.00 plus costs … Read Article